Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, look at that! Someone else has been studying Petra's swirl, too! And I love the look of the sandalwood bar.

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 11.53.38 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 11.54.13 PM.jpg

Those are just stunning!

While I appreciate those who love to make cupcake soaps I've had zero interest in making them....until now. I'm so behind in making the soaps I need to though so the idea of learning the proper trace for piping is daunting. Maybe Christmas.

put thick trace soap in a piping bag, ready with your tip and coupler. Let it set about 10-15 minutes and test pipe a squirt on some freezer paper . Let set another 5 minutes or so until you feel the soap is thick enough to pipe and hold its shape like frosting does, if needed. I cake decorated before so I had a bit of experience with thickness of the medium and it was easy to pick back up, but it isn't hard, really...just squirt it out, if it holds, it's good. At least that's how I do it :)

Love the pattern on the top of the CP and would love to see the inside. And I have NEVER seen M&P that is so clear like this! I'm sure it's soap as I've posted things from ameblo before. That is amazing.

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 12.27.27 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 12.27.51 AM.png

It could be through and through if she had dividers but she'd have to cut horizontally to get the pattern into her bars so I am assuming this is a decorative top. Love it though. Has anyone else seen M&P that clear? Where did they get it?

Talk about a labor of love in this one:

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 12.30.07 AM.jpg

Looks to me like an ungelled wall pour at a slightly thicker trace but one side has all the same color (the melon color) and there is a slight gradient in the blue side. I don't know what it is about that soap but the opacity and the look is not something I've seen before. I like the color shift in the decorative top as well, from the peachy orange to yellow. It's very nicely done.

Looks to me like an ungelled wall pour at a slightly thicker trace but one side has all the same color (the melon color) and there is a slight gradient in the blue side. I don't know what it is about that soap but the opacity and the look is not something I've seen before. I like the color shift in the decorative top as well, from the peachy orange to yellow. It's very nicely done.

Wall pour? I wish I could get a better look at those bars. The blue edges look too square to me for a wall pour; unless maybe the batter quite a bit thicker than what you need for a shimmy??

Back