Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tuesday.

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 1.36.01 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-02-05 at 10.06.20 PM.jpg

Two extras but
My phone will post only one at a time. I love the colors.

image.jpg

So pretty!

image.jpg

Precision for today.

Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 10.39.25 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
love that gradient soap from Kangaroo Studios....!!!
Is that accomplished by using bleeding colorants like BB's Lab Colors?

Nope. I tracked down one of Veronica videos. She was doing a gradient in reverse of this but does it by pouring a thin layer (soap at emulsion) and adding a bit more color before every pour, then does many pours. This one looks like they started with a small amount of heavily colored soap, then added a but more uncolored base before every pour to dilute the color. Along the sides you can see numerous stripes from each run.

I like the color combo and the swirl makes me think of someone running or dancing.

Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 9.47.41 PM.png

Last edited:
Sounds like too much AC. AC gives an excellent deep black, better than mica for me anyhow, and you still get white lather and no bleeding or problems on a wash cloth, as long as you use the right amount. Too little and you get dark gray and too much and you get gray lather- or mush apparently!

A quiet Sunday to all!

Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 9.47.26 PM.png

Monday, done.

Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 9.45.50 PM.png

Good morning.

Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 9.43.11 PM.jpg

Let's see what i picked....

Screen Shot 2016-02-05 at 10.03.14 PM.jpg

Extra

Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 9.25.46 PM.png

Nope. I tracked down one of Veronica videos. She was doing a gradient in reverse of this but does it by pouring a thin layer (soap at emulsion) and adding a bit more color before every pour, then does many pours.

Can you share where the videos are? If I have time tomorrow I'd like to try this...

Those are just stunning!

While I appreciate those who love to make cupcake soaps I've had zero interest in making them....until now. I'm so behind in making the soaps I need to though so the idea of learning the proper trace for piping is daunting. Maybe Christmas.

https://katch.me/VeronicaFoale/v/9e10f561-1152-3b2e-8ada-c76854a0bf33

I found this one on her facebook page. She likely has another or others but I didn't scroll down tons to find them. This gives you the technique though.

Thank you so much for taking the time to find that! I'm wondering if this can be done in a slab mold - funnel pour style. The ombre you posted looks like a loaf - and I haven't figured out how to pour a thin batter on top of another thin layer.

Yes, hers are in loaf molds and you have to pour carefully but I don't see why you couldn't do the same technique in a slab, as you described. Your first pours would have to be either a bigger amount, so they stretch out to be a layer about the same size as the others, or if you left each pour as the same amount, you'd get a different effect, a more exponential shift of color.

Two pictures that caught my eye

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 11.50.45 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 11.50.00 PM.png

I don't think I've seen a look like this before.

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 11.51.43 PM.jpg

What a great embed. Looks like this person carved the shape for the top, and I am very impressed!

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 11.39.33 PM.jpg

Latest posts

Back