Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn it you lot. I am going to have to go and join instagram now so I can see soap pictures. I am going to look inept (again) as I will have to ask my teenage children to help me sign up for instagram and work out how it operates :oops:

Insta is easy! It's all pics :) Here's a few that I follow that leave drool tracks on my phone...
Bearfoot Gypsy
Ophelia Soapery
Hamisoaps
Mookamadethis
Vibrant_soap
1904 apothecary lane

You can follow me: Soapiesandsparkies

Dragons%2BBlood%2B4%2Btext.jpg

I'm not sure, but I think/hope this one hasn't been posted yet or is out of place in any other way.. I just fell in love with the shade of red! It's so deep and entrancing.. By the way, thanks for keeping this thread alive! I'm loving scrolling through all the beautiful pics!:thumbs:

Wow! There are some amazingly beautiful soaps shown in these pictures I'm a newbie soaper and was inspired by the Moana movie.
This is my "Heart of Te Fiti" soap. I used multi-colored shredded CP soap embeds for the "flowers" and clear glycerin colored green
for the "heart". This picture was taken with a flashlight behind the heart.
IMG_6787.JPG

I was just browsing soap pictures and thought I would post a few of my favorites. There are some very talented soapers in Germany! A couple were pinned from their equivalent (it appeared) of this forum but I couldn't find who made them. Another came from someone's blog, "Kicking Dirt's A@@ one day at a time". She makes some great designs on her top layer. I have also learned that butterfly swirls are just not in my repertoire.

The one was pinned as a soap but is actually glass. However, if someone could make that from M&P, they'd be famous!!!! I love it.

View attachment 11322

View attachment 11323

View attachment 11324

View attachment 11325
WOW!

szaza I originally thought the micas were painted atop the soap - possibly with melt and pour - because I saw the purple along the edges. But your question prompted closer inspection, and I now wonder if they used a more sophisticated printing technique that I am not aware of. The depth perception and detail are pretty incredible - though I'd still say, quite superficial.

SideDoor ~ thanks for that tip ~ I need to check them out!

A couple more beautiful soaps before the ghouls depart. First by Indulgence, second unknown.

upload_2018-10-31_22-49-29.jpeg

7f6a9b66b01ee0f8e1545de03cca32c6.jpg

szaza I originally thought the micas were painted atop the soap - possibly with melt and pour - because I saw the purple along the edges. But your question prompted closer inspection, and I now wonder if they used a more sophisticated printing technique that I am not aware of. The depth perception and detail are pretty incredible - though I'd still say, quite superficial.

I think it is both - a carved soap in a solid color with the white mica painted on top, some mica ran down along the cut edges.

The uneven edges made me think it was carved, but the coloring of the skulls is too fluid, would have expected straight lines if it was a carved soap.. so maybe the black soap was carved or stamped or made on an impression mat and the purple was painted on with a big roller or by dipping the top of the soap in a tiny layer of purple (mica or colored soap).. so pretty much what amd said:p

I did some digging into this soap - Wanelo is a selling website that collects different stores into one site for members, not the maker of the soap. The maker is Wonderland Bath and Beauty:
upload_2018-11-2_9-17-5.png

From this image it looks like it's an impression mat, with a purple and black soap poured, and then planed and the faces painted white.

ETA: I could be wrong about the planing, it looks to me like the finished bar images are a bit flatter than the initial cut image.

Latest posts

Back