Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a rose gradient soap. I love that pink (fuschia?)!
Screenshot_2018-08-03-18-12-44.jpeg

wow! this almost makes me want to start creating CP soap :) I'm still into MP which I love for many reasons. But one big reason is I can knock out a special order quickly! I'll post one of my favs in a bit (image not on my mac).

I saw this yesterday on Instagram - I don't think this woman can make ugly soap! All of her soaps are just gorgeous, but this one I keep coming back to look at / drool over / how did she do that? Bearfoot Gypsy Soap. I seriously love her.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180830-110356.png
    Screenshot_20180830-110356.png
    270.9 KB · Views: 67
I saw this yesterday on Instagram - I don't think this woman can make ugly soap! All of her soaps are just gorgeous, but this one I keep coming back to look at / drool over / how did she do that? Bearfoot Gypsy Soap. I seriously love her.
Wow! Candles with Flames, Confetti, too. What a great looking soap using up what may have been leftovers. Or maybe it was all planned out ahead of time and none of it was left-overs. Either way, what a fabulous looking soap. Makes me wonder if it smells like chocolate cake!
:thumbs:

@earlene she says she fragranced it with BB's Cinnamon Cocoa, and essential oils: sweet orange, frankincense, cinnamon leaf, and clove leaf. she says "It smells exotic with notes of dark chocolate, spices and orange peels". That's close enough to cake for me! (Imagining a luxurious chocolate cinnamon orange cake... stupid diet.)

I don't think so. I've been looking at this all day. I'm coming to the conclusion that the candles are another bar soap with a piped dollop on it, that she then cut into strips of varying heights to embed into the soap. Although I'm not sure one could get good consistency on the cut with a piped dollop, unless one were very careful with the placement. The other thought that occured to me was that she might be forming the flame, much like Ophelia soapery did for watermelon seed embeds. She doesn't post her in-process soaps, only finished soaps, so I can't confirm without asking.

Omg, is this soap? This looks like soap in a sectioned mold! How creative! I found this on Pinterest. I tried the link but it says "page not found" so I don't know who to credit. View attachment 31782

Sometimes you can find the source by shortening the link (the url). For facebook the user ID looks something like this:

https://www.facebook.com/theejohndoe/
or
https://www.facebook.com/111118350983170/

But usually, the ID number is hidden and you don't always see it.

Information thereafter would be the specific posts or photo. But if you just take off everything in the URL past the UserID, you can find who to credit as the source (that is IF the pinterest poster properly linked the image in the first place, which I think has to be the case in pins at the time they are pinned, but I could be wrong.)

The above account is merely an example. I have no affiliation with John Doe other than to use this account as an example because it is an anonymous type of name. Please don't bother the guy if anyone chooses to test out the links. Perhaps I shouldn't use the ID number since FB hides it. So I will edit out the number and put in a fake ID number instead. It will probably take you to a 'content not available at this time' page. Okay, done, for the sake of protecting sensitive information.

Anyway, SoapAddict, if you still can find the link, you might be able to find the person to credit that way.

Back