Best type of EO / FO measuring container?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chibilightangel

Reaction score
I was wondering what you all consider to be the best type of EO/FO measuring container. So far both my batches have been unscented but my next one with have FO as there's a lovely box filled with lovely scents waiting for me on my doorstop when I get home from work tonight.

Would a regular drinking glass or 1 cup glass measuring cup be adequat? I'd prefer being able to re-use it with multiple scents if possible.

I like glass or stainless steel. Some use paper cups but the EO/FO goes through them pretty fast.

For small batches - shot glasses work well! Also votive candle holders are quite popular.

Anything non-reactive is fine.

i use tea bowls. they are little bowls that you are supposed to drink tea out of, but they are just the right size for most additives and fragrances.

Sorry to hijack (well sort of)

I have some bottles of perfume oil (they're from BPAL. They're safe for use on the body as perfume....

I'm tempted to use them in my soap (because I'm a curious bug) but each bottle is about 25mls- so what kind of measurements would I use for scent?

A tablespoon per pound of oils?

because the perfume oils are safe to put directly on your skin, they have been diluted with something. they may not be compatible with soap at all so if you were going to use them in soap, the scent may not even come out. maybe do one bar tester batches with the entire bottle but you would probably get more out of them by using them as they were intended.

I'm not sure what they are exactly- but I have a bottle or two that I wouldn't wear, so I thought I'd keep one in reserve and try some soap with it for my own use :)

I'll give it a go once I've got a decent soap recipe going.

Again, sorry for the hijack!

Latest posts

Back