Who made it? Whittany who?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhittanyWho

Small Time Soaper
Reaction score
Would it be best for me to make one thread for me to update as I make new soaps I’m excited about? That way all of my stuff is in one thread instead of multiple ones. It seems reasonable to me, but maybe there’s still things I don’t understand about a forum. 😅
Here goes nothing.

To start me off, I’m currently super excited about this batch that was gifted to a local domestic abuse shelter/organization. October is also for domestic abuse awareness.
It’s scented in a champagne FO, which smells like sprite to me. I love this scent.
5F0B626E-318E-4ED2-9CD3-736EDFCE15BD.jpeg
04424345-D838-4826-804F-058809666293.jpeg

Would it be best for me to make one thread for me to update as I make new soaps I’m excited about? That way all of my stuff is in one thread instead of multiple ones.
This is just me, but I think that's a great idea! :thumbs: :thumbs:
It seems reasonable to me, but maybe there’s still things I don’t understand about a forum
I've been here for 5 years and I feel the same way! 😅

@AliOop thank you so much 🥰.
@Zany_in_CO I'm glad it makes sense to others 😃
@Zing thank you. Have you ever followed Soaps for Love? I need to check in on her. She donated everything she made. I'd love to give more than I do now. I tried to give one batch away per month last year, but my health hasn't been great this year, and I've been slacking on soap production on all levels.

Here's another I'm super stoked about. It's a milk and honey soap. I've been making this particular recipe for a while, but I've always used a cream and honey FO. This one is naturally colored and scented with yellow Brazilian clay and lavender and peppermint EO. I force gel, and that's where the beige color comes from with the milk soap. The yellow is from the clay. I love how these turned out. I don't mean to brag, but I don't always get decent swirls especially in individual cavity molds where it can be harder to manipulate the swirl.
FB2D1A33-7C20-42E0-90AF-DCFD97876D7E.jpeg

@Zing thank you. Have you ever followed Soaps for Love? I need to check in on her. She donated everything she made. I'd love to give more than I do now. I tried to give one batch away per month last year, but my health hasn't been great this year, and I've been slacking on soap production on all levels.

Here's another I'm super stoked about. It's a milk and honey soap. I've been making this particular recipe for a while, but I've always used a cream and honey FO. This one is naturally colored and scented with yellow Brazilian clay and lavender and peppermint EO. I force gel, and that's where the beige color comes from with the milk soap. The yellow is from the clay. I love how these turned out. I don't mean to brag, but I don't always get decent swirls especially in individual cavity molds where it can be harder to manipulate the swirl. View attachment 69108
This is the same mold I use for my milk and honey soaps! People seem to love them. Yours look nice!

Here's another I'm super stoked about. It's a milk and honey soap. I've been making this particular recipe for a while, but I've always used a cream and honey FO. This one is naturally colored and scented with yellow Brazilian clay and lavender and peppermint EO. I force gel, and that's where the beige color comes from with the milk soap. The yellow is from the clay. I love how these turned out. I don't mean to brag, but I don't always get decent swirls especially in individual cavity molds where it can be harder to manipulate the swirl. View attachment 69108
Those are so nice. LOL, I could never sell any that had a beeswax look. My customers always told me they look creepy, go figure. I love the look.

@cmzaha oh goodness! Creepy?! And multiple people? I've been selling out of these each batch for well over a year and haven't heard that before. I'm sorry you had that experience.

I made some aloe soap scented in an orange patchouli FO. I feel like I should have made more circular swirls, and now I have something I want to try in a future batch. 😃

Attachments

• 64E90254-3C9D-492E-9C44-D051E86B8BB7.jpeg
    64E90254-3C9D-492E-9C44-D051E86B8BB7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 952A686C-672B-4C8D-9FC9-8A1579B339B4.jpeg
    952A686C-672B-4C8D-9FC9-8A1579B339B4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I have a few new things, but I’m recovering from surgery now. So I’m resting from soapy stuff for probably another week or so. This is the first time I’ve taken an official extended break since I started soaping several years ago, and it’s weird. Sounds like a good opportunity to reset and work on a game plan for 2023 😃.
This is a goat milk soap scented in island oasis from NS. It’s an incredible scent.
4F55196E-CAED-411D-80E2-E0B4748B0CF7.jpeg

This is a beer soap in Kentucky bourbon from BB
461E3367-C54E-4D1E-9555-945DD4ED3996.jpeg

The pink ones are scented in rose gold from BB. They’re also made with goat milk.
DE24F8D4-B597-4B55-ABA2-1FDC00302709.jpeg

Attachments

• 765218BC-70FD-4296-8607-142EA0658158.jpeg
    765218BC-70FD-4296-8607-142EA0658158.jpeg
    823.7 KB · Views: 0
I had my hysterectomy almost two weeks ago. I finally made soap tonight. One day I’m going to get my HP more fluid. For tonight, I just enjoyed making soap and trying something new. This recipe is fairly different than my usual one, but I wanted to see how it went. I just felt like trying something different. We’ll see how the colors look when it’s out of gel phase. I know they’re beautiful shades, because they’re angry rose and guava lava from Mad Micas, but I don’t know how they blended in the molds. It’s very lightly scented with Bramble Berry FO from Brambleberry. I actually ran out of FO and didn’t even have the entire 24g I needed. It’s a test batch, so it’s all good, right? 😅
4EFA7F3E-5663-439A-AACB-C47A9C966A5D.jpeg
0F2A5817-9DAE-4DEF-AC8C-11DB3DC214B0.jpeg

I think I missed most of the posts in this thread. Love the soap, especially that pink swirl. I hope the healing is going well.
Maybe that means I shouldn't put so much in one thread. I just didn't want to make a new thread each time I make soap. I still seem to be utilizing the forum in a way that may not be the most efficient. It's just so different than other platforms I'm used to 😅.

Maybe that means I shouldn't put so much in one thread. I just didn't want to make a new thread each time I make soap. I still seem to be utilizing the forum in a way that may not be the most efficient. It's just so different than other platforms I'm used to 😅.
I remember another thread with beer soap, maybe and your great ITP? swirl. It’s probably just me. I missed a lot this fall due to my work schedule.

Latest posts

Back