acai butter lotion bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txsoaper

Reaction score
I purchased some acai butter recently from Majestic Mountain Sage and want to use it for lotion bars. It has a beautiful purple-ish color. I think some beeswax probably needs added to it but need some help figuring how much. Here is the information on the acai butter:

Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter and Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Butter and Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil and Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Fruit

Thanks so much.

It depends on what you are making with it. If you are making solid lotion bars you could use cocoa butter instead of beeswax but I am not sure what you are trying to do.

I am wanting to make solid lotion bars. The cocoa butter sounds nice and it would also add to the skin benefits....any suggestions on how much to use? I have some of that on hand and think I might like that better than beeswax.

It depens on several factors and you will have to play with the recipe but if it were me, I would start with equal parts of each and work from there. If they are too hard, reduce the beeswax or eliminate it.

ie. 1 part acai, 1 part, cocoa, 1 part beeswax

There are tons of solid lotion bar recipes online. Just Google it and see which works for you.

Latest posts

Back