1st SMF Soap Challenge- July

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1)Newbie (I haven't combined many of these patterns, so this will be new to me too)
2) Saponista (Can't wait to get started )
3) Galaxy (Woot! Lots of cool swirls will come of this!)
4) not_ally (Lots of hair-pulling will come of this! Hopefully some cool swirls as well.)
5) Seawolfe (no idea what I'm doing, but will get soap batter in my hair and have fun))
6) Soapswirl (excited to try something new!)
7) Dixiedragon (got something in mind!)
8 ) Mintle (I am swirling on the inside already hehehe )
9) Lionprincess (is busy swearing mightily because her phone service stinks)
10) KristaY (went scouring the dollar store this morning for interesting tools!)
11) Sonya - as if I would miss it!!
12) Artisan Designs (by Kat) -(I have some plastic throw away things from work I am hoping to use)
13) doriettefarm (I'll give it a shot. I have something in mind after studying newbie's AL swap soap and youtube videos.)
14) kumudini ( I'm decided, finally!)
15) TVivian (I'll play! Even though I've never made a swirled soap in a slab mold before!)
16) Dillsandwitch ( Either the cold has buggered off or the drugs I got are working :D )
17) jules92207 (Cause someone has to be the not so talented soaper so you all can feel even better about your soaps - )

1)Newbie (I haven't combined many of these patterns, so this will be new to me too)

2) Saponista (Can't wait to get started )

3) Galaxy (Woot! Lots of cool swirls will come of this!)

4) not_ally (Lots of hair-pulling will come of this! Hopefully some cool swirls as well.)

5) Seawolfe (no idea what I'm doing, but will get soap batter in my hair and have fun))

6) Soapswirl (excited to try something new!)

7) Dixiedragon (got something in mind!)

8 ) Mintle (I am swirling on the inside already hehehe )

9) Lionprincess (is busy swearing mightily because her phone service stinks)

10) KristaY (went scouring the dollar store this morning for interesting tools!)

11) Sonya - as if I would miss it!!

12) Artisan Designs (by Kat) -(I have some plastic throw away things from work I am hoping to use)

13) doriettefarm (I'll give it a shot. I have something in mind after studying newbie's AL swap soap and youtube videos.)

14) kumudini ( I'm decided, finally!)

15) TVivian (I'll play! Even though I've never made a swirled soap in a slab mold before!)

16) Dillsandwitch ( Either the cold has buggered off or the drugs I got are working :D )

17) jules92207 (Cause someone has to be the not so talented soaper so you all can feel even better about your soaps - )

18) Kisha (so jules92207 won't feel all alone with her not so talented status, and because you guys are just so dern convincing)

Did my first try. It was amazing how unlike what I wanted it to be it was. In the end, better than I thought it would be at one point when it just looked like a mess, worse than I hoped it would be starting out.

It was really useful, though, I am accustomed to looking a videos/tutes, and trying to copy them as faithfully as I can, just using different colors, tools etc. This really made me think about the theory behind the pattern, if that makes sense. And more about color theory.

Anyway, not sure if I will post it, I kind of got confused w/the camera and not sure if I took pics of all the steps, included the tools etc. Definitely trying again, prob. several times.

I just made my 1st attempt. I actually went into it without any expectation on how it would look as I don't work with slabs and designs very much so it was actually really fun!

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out too.

Well mine got hit with the ash monster. And when I said I liked it I should have said it doesn't qualify for the ugly thread, but the more I look at it the more I think there isn't anything really spectacular about it either. Kinda meh.

Is it weird that when I flipped it over I like the bottom better?

Well mine got hit with the ash monster. And when I said I liked it I should have said it doesn't qualify for the ugly thread, but the more I look at it the more I think there isn't anything really spectacular about it either. Kinda meh.

Is it weird that when I flipped it over I like the bottom better?
You just blew a perfectly good ruse, you could have taken credit for the new "bottom swirl" technique.

I made a meh one yesterday. It's not bad but it's not anything to get excited about. Still, it's a combo I can now knock off the list as a potential.

Latest posts

Back