1st SMF Soap Challenge- July

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are limited to the 6 patterns I put up

A: Zig-zag
B: Diagonal Curve (for lack of a better term)
C: Pull Down
D: Eyelet
E: Leap Frog
F: Loop

YOu can make them small and do them in rows or do them in a large pattern, as shown, but you have to work with these 6 patterns.

1)Newbie (I haven't combined many of these patterns, so this will be new to me too)

2) Saponista (Can't wait to get started )

3) Galaxy (Woot! Lots of cool swirls will come of this!)

4) not_ally (Lots of hair-pulling will come of this! Hopefully some cool swirls as well.)

5) Seawolfe (no idea what I'm doing, but will get soap batter in my hair and have fun))

6) Soapswirl (excited to try something new!)

7) Dixiedragon (got something in mind!)

8 ) Mintle (I am swirling on the inside already hehehe :))

Covering for LP

1)Newbie (I haven't combined many of these patterns, so this will be new to me too)

4) not_ally (Lots of hair-pulling will come of this! Hopefully some cool swirls as well.)

5) Seawolfe (no idea what I'm doing, but will get soap batter in my hair and have fun))

8 ) Mintle (I am swirling on the inside already hehehe )

9) Lionprincess

9) Lionprincess

10) KristaY (went scouring the dollar store this morning for interesting tools!)

Newbie, are we allowed to use more than one tool? I have a couple I want to play with. :p

9) Lionprincess

10) KristaY (went scouring the dollar store this morning for interesting tools!)

11) Sonya - as if I would miss it!!

Great vids Newbie!!

And thanks for the awesome tip about the small batch then turning it over for the next!!!

I have not been here the prescribed amount of time. I will enjoy watching and viewing all the soaps though!!

Yeah you have, says 26/5/15
Oh my gosh time has flown LOL. I have my new mold and even though I am very new to slabs and have not attempted any of those swirls I am always up for a challenge! I think you guys will push me to doing better!

9) Lionprincess

12) Artisan Designs (by Kat) -(I have some plastic throw away things from work I am hoping to use)

I realized everyone has said something except LP's spot, which looks bare. I will fill in for her until she can get on.

MaziMazi and Dillsandwitch, where are you??? Come on everyone and give it a try! You have nothing to lose!

9) Lionprincess (is busy swearing mightily because her phone service stinks)

12) Artisan Designs (by Kat) -(I have some plastic throw away things from work I am hoping to use)

13) doriettefarm (I'll give it a shot. I have something in mind after studying newbie's AL swap soap and youtube videos.)

I have already done my first attempt since I had planned on doing the slab mold with these colors anyway. It did not go as well as I wanted because it thickened up way too fast. New fragrance Spiced Apple Pecan. Yup think it did it. I even put it in the oils before adding lye. Did not get as many pics as I wanted because it was going too fast to work with anymore.
For your viewing pleasure I will attach what order I did technique after I get these attachments uploaded. Pleases remember this is my first attempt at a slab with these type techniques. I used A then E then C ish LOL I got confused and it was getting way to thick. Think they will turn out okay anyway

IMG_7040.JPG

IMG_7041.JPG

IMG_7042.JPG

IMG_7045.JPG

IMG_7047.JPG

IMG_7048.JPG

IMG_7049.JPG

IMG_7050.JPG

IMG_7055.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Newbie Ive been laid up with a nasty cold for the last couple of days. I'm hoping to venture out of the house tomorrow to see if i can pick up a silicone cake pan to use. I just dont wanna put my name down and then be too sick to have a go and disappoint everyone. Instead of photos could I do a video of the entire pour?

Yes, as long as we get clear shots of the our before swirling, after each swirl and the final soap. Don't take my video as an example because my camera was a bit too far away for good detail.

MaziMazi and Dillsandwitch, where are you??? Come on everyone and give it a try! You have nothing to lose!

I don't have enough forum posts yet. But I will be checking all the entries, I promise! And I will participate as soon as I can! :)

13) doriettefarm (I'll give it a shot. I have something in mind after studying newbie's AL swap soap and youtube videos.)
14) kumudini ( I'm decided, finally!)

Back