This Weeks Soaps From Billie's Basement

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are beautiful. And I am drooling over your mold. What are the mold dimensions? I have been trying to come up with the correct size mold for a 1 inch bar and from what you wrote on the side of your mold I think what you have would be perfect.

Paula58 said:
Those are beautiful. And I am drooling over your mold. What are the mold dimensions? I have been trying to come up with the correct size mold for a 1 inch bar and from what you wrote on the side of your mold I think what you have would be perfect.

The total outside dimensions (the lid) are 11 15/16" by 15 15/16". The base that fits inside the side walls is 10 7/16" by 14 7/16". However, I have 1/32" lexan glued to all four sides, plus the three 1/8" lexan divider pieces going both directions which take a total of of 3/8". So if you did not use the lexan and subtracted all that out, the dimension would be 10" by 14". This would be the size of sixteen 3 1/2" by 2 1/2" bars (four by four) all pushed together.

So for 1" thick you take 10 times 14 times 1 times .4 or 56 oz. For 1 1/8" bars it is 10 times 14 times 1.125 times .4 or 63 oz. And for 1 1/4" bars it's 10 times 14 times 1.25 times .4 or 70 oz.

This mold was built basically just like our 12 bar slabs shown here.
http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewto ... 486#116486

Latest posts

Back