BB's Baltic birch mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubyslippers

Reaction score
I'm wanting to purchase one of Brambleberry's Baltic birch molds and would like some feedback from those of you that may have one of these molds. If you have one please let me know what you like or don't like about them or if you have one that you feel is better I'd be interested in hearing about that too. Can't ever seem to get nice straight bars when I use cardboard boxes and these molds with the dividers seem like they would be perfect.

I have a couple of molds like that, not the same one but same wood. I love them. But I line mine with plastic garbage bags rather than lining them with anything
Also I have built my own molds using wood. Sometimes when they are bigger than I want, say for a trial bar, I take slats of wood and build them up in one end of the mold so I end up with say a four bar mold instead of a 12 or 15 bar log.Does that make since? I hope so.

justme said:
I have a couple of molds like that, not the same one but same wood. I love them. But I line mine with plastic garbage bags rather than lining them with anything
Also I have built my own molds using wood. Sometimes when they are bigger than I want, say for a trial bar, I take slats of wood and build them up in one end of the mold so I end up with say a four bar mold instead of a 12 or 15 bar log.Does that make since? I hope so.

Makes absolute sense justme! My DH made a wooden log mold for me that holds 4 lbs & I use a wooden dam that he made that slides inside to hold the correct amt of soap. Love it.

Catie Beth - you do not have to line the slab mold with the dividers, is that correct?

Latest posts

Back