Gift Ideas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought it might be a nice idea to have a thread for gift-giving inspiration, incorporating Bath & Body items. Here's my Mother's Day gift box for this year. The lotion and the soap are matching fragrances. Included is also a Cotton/Bamboo face cloth.
Let's see your gift ideas/suggestions. Inspire us!

I thought it might be a nice idea to have a thread for gift-giving inspiration, incorporating Bath & Body items. Here's my Mother's Day gift box for this year. The lotion and the soap are matching fragrances. Included is also a Cotton/Bamboo face cloth.
Let's see your gift ideas/suggestions. Inspire us!
Can you share a picture? I always love your packaging!

Can you share a picture? I always love your packagi
There was a picture but it was removed because my full company name and location were in the picture (fair enough). I've edited my original pic to blur those out.

Moms day (1).png

I posted these in another thread, but these were gift baskets that I donated to a local charity luncheon. IIRC, each contained a soap, a lotion, a scrub, and a lip balm. The aluminum containers, crinkle-cut filler paper, and most of the ribbons were from Dollar Tree. The plastic overwrap was from a friend who buys it in bulk for the gift sets that she sells.

IMG_2695.jpeg

Last edited:
There was a picture but it was removed because my full company name and location were in the picture (fair enough). I've edited my original pic to blur those out.

View attachment 77424
Remind me when the next "holiday" comes up... DO NOT MAKE GIFT BOXES!! Believe it or not, I didn't sell a single one at the Mother's Day market. Not one! I made 10.

That's so surprising to me! Can you bring them out again at your Christmas markets?
Not to me, they never want what is in them, even if you gave them a choice to pick say 4 items, they don't sell. I've been in 2 different industries making baskets and if you make them up for stock, they sit on the shelf.

Not to me, they never want what is in them, even if you gave them a choice to pick say 4 items, they don't sell. I've been in 2 different industries making baskets and if you make them up for stock, they sit on the shelf.
Crazy, isn't it?

I'll use the boxes for gifts and I'll take the products out of them to sell separately. My lotions sell well and my soap sells well; who'd have thought that putting them together in box wouldn't sell at all?

These gifts of a soap and a lotion bar I had made with a sign saying something like “perfect for teachers, co-workers….” didn’t sell even 1.
And they're so cute! I'd purchase something like that for friends and co-workers if I didn't already make everything myself.

Remind me when the next "holiday" comes up... DO NOT MAKE GIFT BOXES!! Believe it or not, I didn't sell a single one at the Mother's Day market. Not one! I made 10.
I sold ONE gift box at my last market, but ended up selling 16 little sets of soap, face cloth and soap deck that I had put together! I have no idea why they were so successful but the boxes weren’t.

I made and sold these not this last Christmas but the one before. Last year was so difficult, I couldn't afford the materials to have baskets for that Christmas. These smell like cookies. Lotion, Sugar Scrub, Soap, Bath Bomb, and lip balms in Peppermint and Buttered Rum. The box was wood. I charged $35 for it. I'm debating doing it again this year but money matters. My broken ankle has really hurt my business and I haven't sold a thing since March 14. Then again, I also haven't really been able to do much either. Here's hoping the doctor gives clearance on June 4 at my appt. At the least, I can start working on getting my strength back and on my business again.
315836811_572440234891367_428711548307361732_n.jpg

I made and sold these not this last Christmas but the one before. Last year was so difficult, I couldn't afford the materials to have baskets for that Christmas. These smell like cookies. Lotion, Sugar Scrub, Soap, Bath Bomb, and lip balms in Peppermint and Buttered Rum. The box was wood. I charged $35 for it. I'm debating doing it again this year but money matters. My broken ankle has really hurt my business and I haven't sold a thing since March 14. Then again, I also haven't really been able to do much either. Here's hoping the doctor gives clearance on June 4 at my appt. At the least, I can start working on getting my strength back and on my business again. View attachment 77737
Love the box, not to put you off but, this is a year and a half later and by Christmas 2 yrs. I'm not sure where you are if people are doing it tough with expenses, but here it has even got worse in the last 6 months. Businesses are closing at an alarming rate because no one is spending and that's on essentials like food which is going up weekly, so everything else is secondary. Christmas presnts also stop getting given, if it's a roof over your head or gifts, guess what goes.

I never had luck with gift boxes. I end up unwrapping them after the season to sell the individual items. Now I don’t make any. 😪

Personal care products are the toughest things to gift to people. There's always a good chance that the gift will be misinterpreted. And that's with a single item.

I joke kinda tongue in cheek with customers that I'm trying to get into bedrooms and bathrooms and those are the best defended/protected rooms in the house. So, it's gonna be tough😁

Personal care products are the toughest things to gift to people.
It's not only personal care products, it's all manner of gift baskets that won't sell. I have a lot of experience in this arena through work.

I appreciate this post. I am planning to make personal care baskets for our ladies group auction this coming December. I wonder how they will do?
You might need to rethink if enough money will come in on the bidding, if they don't want it, it will go very cheap.

Latest posts

Back