Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage Daughter

Formerly known as Quasi Quadrant
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I was perusing Amazon for any new molds that might be available - didn't find much interesting in that department *however* THIS caught my eye when delving deeper into a store which seemed like it might have some cavity molds. Not so much....

But THIS they DID have, because priorities, ya know :rolleyes: For anywhere from $29 - $67 or so, you too can own your very own chicken crash helmet, depending on the seller & their level of greed.

Something I never would have ever imagined someone would create. Even more disturbing, 567 people actually purchased this item under this one listing! Humanity seems to have reached a new level of stupidity 😂

Good night t' y'all 🐔

Attachments

• protect-your-chickens-1.jpg
    protect-your-chickens-1.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 0
  • protect-your-chickens-2.jpg
    protect-your-chickens-2.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 0
  • protect-your-chickens-3.jpg
    protect-your-chickens-3.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2023-08-04 at 12.41.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-04 at 12.41.34 AM.png
    387.5 KB · Views: 0
Wow! Never having owned chickens, I thought the helmets were because someone had too much time on their hands and invented them, and backyard chicken owners had too much money and bought them. When I Googled chicken head protection, all sorts of helmet sites popped up! It turns out the need for chicken head protection is real. I wonder if chickens need soap? 🤔

I used to own chickens, and some of them who were very low in the pecking order really did need protection from the more dominant ones. Helmets and saddles were cheaper than building a separate coop and run. Plus, our chickens all free-ranged during the day, so unless I kept the persecuted ones locked in their run, the protection was necessary.

lol omg. I can't believe this is actually necessary. Never knew chickens were so mean.
Me either! But my experience was limited to my younger years (ages 6-9) and we only had about 20 or so, mostly all white, some of the Rhode Island Reds, and some bantams ~ even one hella huge white rooster named Henry who let me carry him around. But I don't remember any of them picking or pecking on each other 🤷🏼‍♀️

I grew up on an egg farm in the 70s -80s. We never had helmets, just separated the bullied chickens in their own cage. But yes - chickens spot blood and they’ll peck to death. Mighty unpleasant. Helmets are adorable! Wonder what my grandpa would’ve thought about that! I’m sharing with my auntie. I bet she will have some insight! Thanks for sharing! Those helmets cracked me up!

I grew up on an egg farm in the 70s -80s. We never had helmets, just separated the bullied chickens in their own cage. But yes - chickens spot blood and they’ll peck to death. Mighty unpleasant. Helmets are adorable! Wonder what my grandpa would’ve thought about that! I’m sharing with my auntie. I bet she will have some insight! Thanks for sharing! Those helmets cracked me up!
I can't wait to wait to hear her her reaction!

Hens (lady chickens) can be very nasty to each other. They are obsessed with the ‘pecking order’. However, if there is a Cockerel (gentleman chicken) with them they soon learn to be nice to each other because they discover that he does not tolerate anyone of them attempting to ‘rule the roost’ - that’s his job. That’s not to say they won’t have a go when they think he isn’t looking but he seems to have eyes in the back of his head and swiftly re-emphasises the rules to the offending lady chicken. He then behaves rather badly.
It’s not natural to keep celibate chickens. Get a rooster and enjoy his wake up calls. 😎

I used to own chickens, and some of them who were very low in the pecking order really did need protection from the more dominant ones. Helmets and saddles were cheaper than building a separate coop and run. Plus, our chickens all free-ranged during the day, so unless I kept the persecuted ones locked in their run, the protection was necessary.

Saddles for chickens?!? o_O 🤣

I grew up with chickens & had never in my life seen / heard / imagined / contemplated the existence of a chicken helmet....or a helmet for any bird for that matter :shakinghead:

My grandparents were thrifty! I can picture Grandpa making helmets out of ping-pong balls! haha except he never would. He just put them in a cage by themselves. Oh well. This has been a riot, thank you so much for sharing!

Funnily enough, I can picture my grandfather doing this as well 😂 Or tennis balls 🤣

Latest posts

Back