You're addicted to CP when...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You talk about soaps repeatedly and others try to change the subject and you bring it right back to soap

You try to kick older kids out so you can have more room to make and store soap

You act like its Christmas morning every time you make soap

When you become a pusher and recruiter.
My house cleaner shyly asked where I get my supplies and the following exchange took place.
Camille: I want to make some soaps for friends and family, just melt and pour Christmas gifts.
Me: Awesome! Here's the info I have: blahdeebleedeblah.
Camille, a month later: OMG that was fun! I'm addicted! But I'm feeling like somehow it's not enough...
Me: Want to learn to make CP?
Camille: Yeah! Where do I start?
Me: ... Oh, honey, you are in for it now.

When you take the kids to the park, see another child with a gorgeous rainbow coloured jumper and your first thought is how do I recreate that....

When your student comes downstairs at 12 midnight to say she has difficulty sleeping as our neighbour is making so much noise and asking if he was doing DIY. I vaguely look at her and say, can you chat to my husband (as I'm concentrating really hard on swirling and swearing about our noisy neighbour in the back of my mind). I finish soaping and ask my husband what the hell our neighbour was doing. He turns round and says, "no darling, the noise was you"! I had absolutely no idea!!!!

When on these forums you hear about some store named smart and final that you have never heard of. Immediately you go on line and find one 45mins away that sells 50# blocks of lard and all beef shortening (tallow) for around $30 each!! (Actually 31 and change).

Yup grabbed the car keys and a few hours later I'm much richer in fats than before. ( now there is a phrase only a soap maker would be happy to say!)

Dorymae, I love Smart & Final Iris. When I was in L.A. I shopped there all the time. And @Rowan: I flattened a paper coffee cup from a shop in Chicago and carried it home in my suitcase because it had the most interesting green and blue combination I'd ever seen. My mother just rolled her eyes.

Lol grumpy owl, I can totally understand where you're coming from. I'd probably stick it in my soaping journal when I got home! Who needs holiday snaps anyway :D.

When a quick glance at a pastry shop window becomes a photo opportunity of treats you could recreate as soap.... (and hide in the office fridge as a prank for those that steal food....)

When the only thing that makes it okay that three of your OLDER kids are moving out is that you get a soaping room.

When your own family doesn't know the names of each of your soaps like you do.

"What one is this?"
"Obviously, it's the goat milk soap. Don't you remember???" How could they not remember?

Latest posts

Back