You're addicted to CP when...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, you know you're addicted to soap-making when you strike a deal with the bar next door to let them take delivery of your boxes every day while you're working. I choke through the haze of spilled beer and cigarette smoke to pick up my packages. Sometimes, if I have 4 bucks to spare, I grab a plastic go-cup of wine to show a very small amount of appreciation. New Orleans, people!

I was first thinking "huh, I wonder where you can still smoke in bars, the was like "A to-go drink! what the hell." Then "Oh, that makes sense". They 86ed smoking in bars in California before I drank. Then when I moved to Oregon I remember saddling up to a bar and the bartender putting an ashtray in front of me and my first thought was that he was trying to trick me or something. Both CA and OR are pretty strict about liquor and serving rules. Allot of that depends on the town your in too.

Back to the topic (no offense intended): You know you are addicted when a mediocre craft show brings you joy because now you will have room to make more soap (and a bit of cash to buy supplies.)

When you're in the market and you look at a shopping list that says, carrot baby food, buttermilk, olive oil, isopropyl alcohol, lard, potatoes, beer, and you realize everything on the list is for soaping and you still have no food in the house.

Eat soap or make a pizza...

tumblr_m4x6laRcHX1r5qrimo1_500.gif

Last edited:
When your husband comes home and asks you to turn off "your soap brain for a minute, so I can ask you a question". He already has stopped eating my soup because he's positive I've put lye in it - different crock, same model.

You know your addicted to soaping when you're making mayonnaise (with kitchen sb) and can't control the urge to stop and pour when mayo has only reached "light trace".

Also....when the neighbors warn you that a mysterious woman has been stalking your house early every morning
and it doesn't alarm you. (Because we live near a school and dd sets up a mini garage sale to sell her old toys/books
and once gave free soap with purchase, so now some of the school staff drop buy for more soap. It was a great way to clear room for the 10 lbs of curing Christmas soap!)

You're browsing through the lingerie section of the department store looking for a bridal shower gift, see an amazing bra & panty set, and think "Those colors would make a great soap. What an interesting design too. I wonder if I can recreate it....." I had to make a hasty departure as I'm pretty sure the sales girl was ready to call security thinking I was an escaped mental patient because I was laughing and shaking my head at my soaping thought process!

Lol, KristaY!
When you flatten and take home a paper coffee cup from Chicago because it has interesting colors you want to replicate in a soap. And my mom, bless her heart, was like, "That's so pretty! Send me one when you make them!"

Woke in the middle of the night, cause you have a nightmare that your oldest child was messing with your newly molded soap while you were at work.

Back