You're addicted to CP when...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yu almost starve from not remembering that half your edible soaping ingredients are to be used for sustenance first. Lol

When your friends, to whom you've just given some butt-ends and ugly soaps (upon their request), ask about curing times, and when you clear your throat to answer, they say, "Uh-oh, here it comes..."
Yes, I like to talk about soap. What other subjects are there?

When your friends, to whom you've just given some butt-ends and ugly soaps (upon their request), ask about curing times, and when you clear your throat to answer, they say, "Uh-oh, here it comes..."
Yes, I like to talk about soap. What other subjects are there?

Ha !

When your husband complains that his YouTube predictive watch list is full of soaping videos. Yes, I've hijacked his computer again, instead of using mine....

When you find a mystery box in your closet and, yep more soap.

IMG_4255.jpg

When you can't ever walk into a grocery store {or any other store for that matter} without thinking about soap, or soap molds, or soap ingredients, ....when every food item you see runs thru that 'wonder what this would be like in soap' list in your head..when you always end up in the 'oil isle' and the candle isle is a must stop place before leaving in case you find new scents that you may be able to find at your fave soap supplies website.

And the nightmare addiction you love never ends :lol:

Boyago, that made me laugh so hard. So many times I've gone into the craft room and thought, "What's in that box?" And it's weird/failed/leftover soaps. Someday I'd like to try someone else's soaps just to see what's out there and get inspired, but I have elventy billion of my own uglies to use up.
So, you know you're addicted to soap-making when you strike a deal with the bar next door to let them take delivery of your boxes every day while you're working. I choke through the haze of spilled beer and cigarette smoke to pick up my packages. Sometimes, if I have 4 bucks to spare, I grab a plastic go-cup of wine to show a very small amount of appreciation. New Orleans, people!

Boyago, that made me laugh so hard. So many times I've gone into the craft room and thought, "What's in that box?" And it's weird/failed/leftover soaps. Someday I'd like to try someone else's soaps just to see what's out there and get inspired, but I have elventy billion of my own uglies to use up.
So, you know you're addicted to soap-making when you strike a deal with the bar next door to let them take delivery of your boxes every day while you're working. I choke through the haze of spilled beer and cigarette smoke to pick up my packages. Sometimes, if I have 4 bucks to spare, I grab a plastic go-cup of wine to show a very small amount of appreciation. New Orleans, people!

haahaha, I was on a opening team for TFI Fridays in my early twenty's. I opened a store in Baton Rouge. We used to drive down to New Awlins almost every night. Thinking we were most of that spilled beer and haze you're describing. :cool:

I have a love/hate thing with NOLA. We're only 3 hours away. Love the Saints. live the food, but not so much about the culture. One of these days I'm gonna make a trip down just to look for soap shops (speaking of soap addiction). I know there is a cool barber and shave over on Magazine St. But never shopped around for soap there.

Yup yup, DW. Aiden Gill. An amazing high-end men's grooming salon. If I could get them to carry my soaps I would die a happy woman. But if you ever do come down, give me a call and we'll go out wilding. Or you can come over, we'll make some soaps and I'll cook dinner. :)

Latest posts

Back