you know your addicted to making soap when.....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm desperately trying to figure out what sewing and knitting supplies to sell to come up with the bank to support my habit and to make room on the shelves for all the pretty soaps.

No, no, no and NO!
Do NOT sell your sewing and knitting supplies!

Isn't there anyone else's stuff you can sell first??? :think:

No, no, no and NO!
Do NOT sell your sewing and knitting supplies!

Isn't there anyone else's stuff you can sell first??? :think:

Sadly, as the only grown-up in the house, there really isn't. The boy child might get miffed if I sell his legos... And the girl child? Well, there isn't much of value that a 4 year old has.

You mean the end-cuts and ones with imperfections, right?

New Thread idea: how many bars of soap do you have in your shower/bath
right now?

NO! :shock: LOL! I mean full bars of soap. We each have our own favorites and then a few others for us all to 'try out'.......just for good measure. And I forgot to even count the 2 crocheted bags that are hanging on the towel rod:shock::shock::shock:

eta that 2 of the bars are full sized hand bars.
I second the idea about 'soap bars in the shower' thread

Last edited:
Well at least your family will use them! My DH still "has to have" body wash. BUT... I have my soap in soap dishes at the bathroom sink and kitchen sink and they do use those.

I agree to EVERYTHING everyone has said. I am glad we all suffer the same side effects. LOL.

My particular favorite is that EVERYTHING is a possible ingredient. When we go grocery shopping, I could care less about groceries to EAT... I just want stuff to SOAP with.

I made my first batch of CP soap last Saturday, in the 8 days since, I've produced almost 25 lbs of soap. So, yup, I'm hooked :)

Repeat after me:

"Hello. My name is Valerie and I'm a soapaholic, too."

LOL WITH you, not AT you, Valerie! I did the same thing.
Oh wait...I'm still doing that. :Kitten Love: Think I'm needing an intervention here.

Repeat after me:

"Hello. My name is Valerie and I'm a soapaholic, too."

LOL WITH you, not AT you, Valerie! I did the same thing.
Oh wait...I'm still doing that. :Kitten Love: Think I'm needing an intervention here.

Intervention? Why?

I figure it is a productive addiction. I'm not doing heroin or smoking, so things could be so much worse. (Although it probably isn't any cheaper than other vices...)

Okay if he does make a mold and you make this soap I must see it! I can see doing a Tardis, at least that's a box.

Oh yes I will post pics. I do think it will be a line of soaps like that....the TARDIS.....a Dalek....maybe a sonic screwdriver (10th Doctor, of course).....and a Adipose cause they are so CUTE!

Latest posts

Back