you know your addicted to making soap when.....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you get the cold sweats when you run out of Coconut Oil...shaky hands when the lye inventory is low...racing heart when your color morphs during gel phase...the vapors when there's a delay in your Essential Oil shipment...tears over a partial gel....if the cocoa powder and coconut milk in your pantry is marked "For Soap Only"...if you suffer from PSS (Pre-Soaping Syndrome) while waiting for supplies or PSSD (Post Soaping Stress Disorder) after your supplies are gone...if you're willing to pawn your husband's prized 72" flat screen for more soap supplies...if you think you DO NOT have a soaping addiction when meeting all the described symptoms...YOU MAY HAVE A SERIOUS ADDICTION KNOWN AS "SOAPING".

I was actually thinking today that my linen closet would be a good place for soap.... I don't need a place for towels there, do I?

As long as it has a vent you should be fine. I used to keep soap in my towel closet till I realized it was causing DOS in my soaps cause it didn't have a vent x.x so now its just full of molds and everything I need for soaping.

As long as it has a vent you should be fine. I used to keep soap in my towel closet till I realized it was causing DOS in my soaps cause it didn't have a vent x.x so now its just full of molds and everything I need for soaping.

I bought 3 cheap plastic shelving units that I keep in the spare bedroom I have all my soaps sitting out on the shelves. Lined up like little soldiers. I used to store my soaping equipment on the shelves as well, but my soaps took over that space. I just go in there....take a deep breath......and enjoy the fragrances. Some days I notice some fragrances seem stronger than others. And yes the soaping equipment went into the closet.

...you sneak down to the "seedy" part of town because you heard about a guy who's trying to move a large shipment high grade Columbian lye on the cheap. (psst...go to the back of the hardware store and ask for Larry...tell him you're looking to meet "The Red Devil." Don't ask too many questions, and don't make any sudden movements.)

...you sneak down to the "seedy" part of town because you heard about a guy who's trying to move a large shipment high grade Columbian lye on the cheap. (psst...go to the back of the hardware store and ask for Larry...tell him you're looking to meet "The Red Devil." Don't ask too many questions, and don't make any sudden movements.)

You crack me up!

if you get the cold sweats when you run out of coconut oil...shaky hands when the lye inventory is low...racing heart when your color morphs during gel phase...the vapors when there's a delay in your essential oil shipment...tears over a partial gel....if the cocoa powder and coconut milk in your pantry is marked "for soap only"...if you suffer from pss (pre-soaping syndrome) while waiting for supplies or pssd (post soaping stress disorder) after your supplies are gone...if you're willing to pawn your husband's prized 72" flat screen for more soap supplies...if you think you do not have a soaping addiction when meeting all the described symptoms...you may have a serious addiction known as "soaping".
lmao!!!

Reading this post makes me feel a little more "normal"! Thought I was starting to lose it when I realized I was having trouble sleeping because my mind was racing with soap ideas and many other "crazy soap lady" things. My husband has gotten to the point where he just shakes his head quietly when he sees me whipping out my stash of supplies or huffing a bar of awesome scented soap!

Reading this post makes me feel a little more "normal"! Thought I was starting to lose it when I realized I was having trouble sleeping because my mind was racing with soap ideas and many other "crazy soap lady" things. My husband has gotten to the point where he just shakes his head quietly when he sees me whipping out my stash of supplies or huffing a bar of awesome scented soap!
LOL, reading this just made me laugh.... I thought *I* was the only one who huffed soap :mrgreen:

Speaking of which...

When you find yourself navigating to the USPS/Fed Ex/UPS site to track your packages... even though you know it won't be coming for days just hoping it might get there earlier.
haha! Im so guilty of that!!!

Back