WSP to Oz?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzz-juzz

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Has anyone from Australia order from WSP before and was happy with the service? I am aware that postage will probably kill my budget but I don't care.
They carry some FOs that I can't find here and desperately want to get them. :oops:
TIA

Sorry, I have only got supplies here because postage is too expensive.

I'm from Canada and I was hit so hard with duties and taxes. Shipping was free, but after tax and brokerage charges, I was charged $110 for $200 worth of product. Tried to argue with UPS to bring down brokerage charges, but all they could refund me was $14. Never will I make that mistake again.

OMG tinytreats, that's a lot of extra cost. :crazy:
Are those duties and taxes always payable when you shop from US to Canada and get it shipped via UPS?
I'm not sure AU is a subject to those, but if it is, I think there's a $$$ limit on each shipment, it needs to be worth over certain amount of $$$ or something.
WSP website also states international orders will be sent through United States Priority Mail. I've received USPS parcels in the past without problems and extra cost. I wouldn't mind high postage cost, as long as there are no hidden costs or taxes involved. I often shop in US for things I can't find here and just put up with the postage. ;-)

if i'm not mistaken, the limit in aussie is AUD 1500. more than that and you'll get taxed. cmiiw.

Dh has got charged duty with $1000 parcel coming in to the country and the government is trying to drop it to $100 because parcels coming in are avoiding gst and they are trying to stop this.

100???? euwwww. that's getting close to those custom nazis in my country, where anything above USD 50 is taxed, and yes that includes shipping too.

Thank you all! I am in Oz and I was a bit worried with taxes and charges mentioned but I think they don't apply to us unless we shop for more than $1000 or so or get parcels sent via UPS. They have lots of hidden charges. At least that's what their website says. WSP international parcels are shipped via USPS not UPS. USPS parcels are delivered by Australia Post.

I thought you were in Oz ? that's why you asked.

I used to live in oz during school years. I am originally from indonesia. now, I alternate b/w melb & jakarta for the year as i still have residency in oz.

I though I will might do an update.
I have ordered from WSP and I'm now waiting for a parcel. :grin:
All up it just came under $100 ($AU that is), 9 x 2oz FOs and free colour sample. Postage was a bit more than purchased goods, but meh :lol: I got FOs that I was desperately looking for. This was my little treat and now I'm set for the whole year I think.
And I found WSP customer service to be fantastic.

Latest posts

Back