Daystar Order

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone...I was able to order from Daystar today and I was wondering if anyone else had recently placed an order. Stacy seems to be open for business and her site worked well. I used to make a Beach blend that contains some of her Salty Sailor and Paradise so I gave it a try. I've been needing them forever and I just never replaced them with fragrance from anyone else...she's been closed for so long! It will be summer and beach season before we know it so I'm hoping to get some Beach Walk made this year. If you have a favorite Daystar fragrance you could check her out. I'll let you know how my order works out.

Last edited:
I guess I was wrong about Daystar being open again. When I placed my order I received a emailed receipt and thank you so I was hoping. But, that was two days ago and they never took my payment...and I can't reach them. So I give up! Does anyone have a recommendation for a good replacement for Salty Sailor? I saw that Scent Memory has one called Beach Walk has anyone tried it?

I guess I was wrong about Daystar being open again. When I placed my order I received a emailed receipt and thank you so I was hoping. But, that was two days ago and they never took my payment...and I can't reach them. So I give up! Does anyone have a recommendation for a good replacement for Salty Sailor? I saw that Scent Memory has one called Beach Walk has anyone tried it?
I checked out their Facebook page and she's listed a phone number to contact her when her land line went down:

713-213-1645

If she has a land line listed, might be a good idea to try that first.

I have Beach Walk from SM, but I haven't tried it yet. Her notes on it say it accelerates and separates, so I won't be using it in CP. I can't tell you how it compares to Salty Sailor because I've never used Daystar.

Thanks, I appreciate your checking her out. Looks like she hasn't posted on her FB page since 2015. I have called the cell she listed and left a message, today her phone said her message box was full. I had texted her at that number as well but so far no response. Oh well, I think I'm going to try Peak's Ocean from Keystone Candle. I have Sun & Sand, and Beach from WSP, Sea Salt from BB and I may give Scent Memory's Beach Walk a try too! Something's bound to be perfect! Thank you!

Thank you Carly! Did you like the way Beach Walk smells? I saw it was a beast to work with. Seems like all beach scents are.
It didn't smell like anything special. A lot of SM FOs make me swoon they are so good. This one was just OK. But I may feel differently if I sniff it tomorrow.

If you want a well behaved beach scent, I highly recommend 8th and Ocean from Nurture. No acceleration or discoloration, and it sticks.

Let me preface this by saying that this is just my personal take, everyone's nose is different.
8th & Ocean from Nurture is a very nice scent but smells nothing at all like DS Salty Sailor to me. It's more of a fruity beach drink scent rather than a true ocean scent, which is probably why it behaves better. Peak's Ocean FO isn't quite as nice as Salty Sailor and it also behaves badly, but if you've soaped with SS then you already know how to work around it.

Thank you cerelife. I have ordered both 8th and Ocean and Peak's Ocean to add to my beach FOs. I've waited so long to try to find a good replacement for Salty Sailor because I thought it would probably be difficult. I keep hoping that if I have every beach scent there is...I might blend a reasonable substitute :D Hahaha.

Thank you dibbles! I ordered Ocean from Keystone and I agree it's pretty close to my nose. I had planned on adding it to a blend so I'm hoping it will be just what I'm looking for! I did order Ocean & 8th from Nuture and while I was there, I finally ordered Grim Reaper...I've wanted to give it a try.. you know how it is :D

I love Salty Air from Soapsupplies.net even better than Salty Sailer. In my opinion, it smells just like being at the ocean where I spent many a day on my boat in the harbor and offshore. I will warn that it accelerates some but is workable and does not discolor. It is absolutely my go-to after trying several salty air fragrances when I first started soaping. Paige appears to still be in business and she has low-cost fast shipping.

Thank you cmzaha! I appreciate the recommendation. I haven't made the blend yet so I'm still collecting the best ocean scents that I can find. I made a blend because I couldn't find a single perfect scent. They always seem to be missing something. I miss the smell of the ocean...well in my case the Gulf. I grew up in Corpus Christi. As children, Padre Island was our favorite summer place. Salty Air sounds perfect!

Thanks dibbles...I think I love Jasmine...I'm not sure anymore! Over the years I've had several...they always either fade or morph or just smell awful. I've been wanting to try Grim Reaper for a long time. And since I was there... the perfect opportunity!

Back