WooHoo! My dog soap's name is now a registered trademark!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BakingNana

Reaction score
Got my certificate of registration yesterday for the name of my dog soap, and just HAD to tell someone! I don't know why this thrills me so much; guess life is dull around here!

I haven't. As long as no one takes it as advertising, which I am not! 8)

Poochie 'Poo. How silly is that? Sure sells, though. I'm very pleased with it.

BakingNana said:
I haven't. As long as no one takes it as advertising, which I am not! 8)

Poochie 'Poo. How silly is that? Sure sells, though. I'm very pleased with it.

That is cute! I don't think it's silly at all. It's creative and memorable which is very important in marketing (or so I've heard).

Hey, when you go national, do you mind if I name drop and say I know you? :D

Thanks, all! Hazel, if I have customers on both coasts that order it, does that mean I've gone national? :lol: :lol: :lol:

SoapyD - My dogs both think their names should be trademarked. I keep telling 'em Maggie and Emily are taken! OMG, now I AM getting silly. It's been a long day.

BakingNana said:
Thanks, all! Hazel, if I have customers on both coasts that order it, does that mean I've gone national? :lol: :lol: :lol:

SoapyD - My dogs both think their names should be trademarked. I keep telling 'em Maggie and Emily are taken! OMG, now I AM getting silly. It's been a long day.

Nope...sorry. I meant when I'm walking through a store and I see a display of Poochie 'Poo on an endcap. Then I can scream and say "OMG! I know the woman who makes this shampoo!" :lol:

I know what you meant, Hazel. I was just kidding. The really funny part is that, while most people dream of something like that, I would do everything in my power to avoid it! Otherwise, it would seem like "work" instead of "play." The biggest reason I went for the registered trademark -- there is so much chatter out there on infringing on trademark names that I wanted to protect myself. Ninety-nine percent of the names we use are so generic that trademarking wouldn't be possible, but with a really unique name there's always the chance. It was a very educational process.

I realized you were joking but I still like the idea of being able to scream in a store. :lol:

However, since you've trademarked the name, there's always a chance that another company might want to produce your product for national sales. You could be sitting on a potential goldmine. :wink:

Latest posts

Back