I feel really stupid right now

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, wish I was you. I see so many designs in my head I want to do. Translating them to actual reality tends to be more difficult.

Compassion and empathy are needed in this world. Too many people are lacking that. It makes you human to care about others.

I was upset at first but felt better after talking to some here until I was attacked for asking for pity and effectively being lazy. I'm trying very hard to hold my tongue about some of the things that have been said to me and trying to be kind anyway. Life is hard enough without us tearing each other down. We are all in the same business and should be supporting each other.
I confess that I have had to learn over years to give the other person what they need, in the way THEY need it, not how I might prefer to receive it.

Some call that “love language” but whatever it is called, I didn’t get for a long time why people could not receive the “help” I offered. “Direct and honest” to one personality is “rude and obnoxious” to another. Tone, context and style of delivery make a big difference, but so does knowing the person hearing it.

When I see folks being overly blunt, I choose to assume that they are clueless rather than ill-intentioned, as I used to be, and still can be. That helps me not to waste emotional energy on them, and instead appreciate or sometimes even come to like them. Sometimes 😉

I confess that I have had to learn over years to give the other person what they need, in the way THEY need it, not how I might prefer to receive it.

Some call that “love language” but whatever it is called, I didn’t get for a long time why people could not receive the “help” I offered. “Direct and honest” to one personality is “rude and obnoxious” to another. Tone, context and style of delivery make a big difference, but so does knowing the person hearing it.

When I see folks being overly blunt, I choose to assume that they are clueless rather than ill-intentioned, as I used to be, and still can be. That helps me not to waste emotional energy on them, and instead appreciate or sometimes even come to like them. Sometimes 😉
I'm normally blunt like a hammer lol. You can ask my husband. But I really like it here and don't want to lose access. Most people are just good people trying to do their best. Besides, there are ways to help, even if it's just listening. I can be tactful when I want to. And have never, nor will I ever, accuse anyone of asking for pity.

I just used an AI to generate a description. It's not perfect, but is a good start that can be edited. This might be a good way to break the writer's block when it comes to descriptions.

I told it: "Write a description for a handmade soap that is made from lard, olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, and colloidal oats. It smells like chamomile and lavender. It is creamy white with thin, lavender colored swirls. It weighs 3.5 ounces."

It gave me: "This luxurious handmade soap is crafted from high quality ingredients including lard, olive oil, coconut oil, and avocado oil. To create a gentle, creamy formula, we added colloidal oats which give it a light, velvety texture. Infused with lavender and chamomile essential oils, this soap has a delicate scent that’s perfect for relaxation. Its creamy white base is swirled with lavender for an attractive finish, and it weighs in at 3.5 ounces. Enjoy a spa-like experience every time you use this soap!"
I had no idea you could get that from an AI bot. Yikes, does it emulate fingerprints too?

Back