Won't be here much

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww so sorry to hear this soapmage :( My prayers and thoughts are with you. *hugs*

I am sorry about the sad news. Cherish every moment you have, Be with her all the way. Help her to pass peacefully and do not show your pain. I could not be with my mother when she was passing away. (

I'm sorry you couldn't be there Dahlia.

I lost her on the 9th in the ICU. She never even made it out of the hospital. When they removed her CPAP she didn't last 15 minutes. I'm heartbroken and feel so many emotions all at one time. Luckily, daddy and I were with her the entire time and we held her hands and I spoke to her and kissed her forehead as she literally drew her last breath. We buried her Monday and I came back home yesterday morning. My poor daddy. They were married for 55 years and he is going to be so lost without her to care for. I was originally going to stay for several weeks with him but my body told me no. I had to come home to go to my doctor because I could barely walk. I used a walker the entire time I was in Chattanooga. Turns out I have arthritis and myalgia pain but have to be further tested for RA. They gave me Prednisone and I can actually walk pretty well this morning.

Anyway, thank you all for the thoughts and prayers, that was very sweet of you all. I've cancelled my market shows until the next ones in December and my online shop until August to deal with things, to grieve, to take care of myself, and to reflect. Much love.

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine how you or your father feel. I'm turning 37 in a few months and was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis at 35. If you have any questions at all please feel free to pm me with anything. I mean that.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Take your time to heal and grieve, it is very important. You have beautiful memories and you had a long time with your mom. Not everyone is so lucky. Come back when you are ready, please. Do not forget this forum

Broke my heart to read that, mage. I am so, so sorry. Doesn't make any difference that you were expecting it, the hole in your heart and the pain are the same. Please try and be good to yourself and take the time you need to mend, get stronger, and start to come to terms with the RA, a lot of hard things at once. Come back soon, and know that we are here when you do.

Last edited:
My heart hurts for you, Mage. I'm so glad you were able to be with her at the end and she's now free of pain and suffering. My thoughts & prayers go out to you and your dad as you work through your grief. Take care of yourself and come back by when you're able.

How terribly sad. I'm so sorry about your loss Beth. You and your family are in my thoughts. Hope you will all heal soon. Really hoping your RA goes into a long long remission and that you'll be back in the soaping world once the healing starts. May your mom rest in peace.

Thank you all so very much. Your kinds words about my mom and me made me cry all over again, but in a happier more peaceful way.

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to be there with your mom in the end. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Take time to grieve in your own way, but don't forget to laugh. Even if you end up in a ball of tears on the floor, take time to laugh. Remember the dumbest, most ridiculous and most embarrassing things that happened with your mom and laugh. It is cathartic.

Soapmage, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's passing. You really have a lot to deal with right now and I'm sending you vibes of peace and strength. Take all the time you need to grieve and heal...the soapy world will still be here when you are ready.

Back