Whipped Soap Help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the same recipe but found it drying. I tried adding jojoba oil and almond oil. Did you have any of those issues? My skin felt terrible after using it

I didn't have any issues with it making my skin feel terrible. My skin is also pretty tolerant to being subjected to different concoctions!

Hi Everyone , I'm trying to find a recipe for whipped soap. I've combed through the forum and can't find what I'm looking for. Maybe one of you has a recipe? I want the consistency of whipped frosting that DOESN'T get hard and still holds it's shape. My goal is to add sugar/salt and make a soap scrub. I've experimented once, but it was a flop, literally, lol!

You and I share the same dream!

I have tried Humblebee's "whipped soap" recipe - which i now know is actually more of a cream soap. It is OK - but it was a bit too "fluffy" even with exfoliants added to give me the robust texture and exfoliation i crave.

I am still trying, and i recently posted these attachments on an old thread in which Lindy (former member, I believe) posted a very detailed tutorial about making cream soap - please note I have not yet tried it - and ALL CREDIT goes to Lindy. (files are with and without pictures depending on your printing preference)

I would love to compare notes and progress with you if you care to do so.

HI again

I also found a cream soap recipe on SaffireBlueBlue

Link here https://www.saffireblue.ca/blog/basic-cream-soap-recipe/

I made it this past weekend, and it is in a tub "sitting" as per the directions.

HOWEVER, I made one big mistake - i used red palm oil - so it looks like Nacho Cheese - NOT so appealing - I was hoping that like many other oils, the color would leach out with the lye. it did NOT.

So it goes

I will likely remake this with refined palm oil to give it a true test.

Attachments

• Lindy's Basic Cream Soap recipie w pics.pdf
    440.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Lindy's Basic Cream Soap recipie.pdf
    52.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the video on youtube recently and was very interested in trying. There you go, let us know how yours turns out, with pictures!

Hi Everyone , I'm trying to find a recipe for whipped soap. I've combed through the forum and can't find what I'm looking for. Maybe one of you has a recipe? I want the consistency of whipped frosting that DOESN'T get hard and still holds it's shape. My goal is to add sugar/salt and make a soap scrub. I've experimented once, but it was a flop, literally, lol!
Ihi if u Google Stephenson melt and pour bases. They do a base that u just whip up and ur oils and colouring and u can pipe it. It will hold its shape and doesn't go hard.

Ihi if u Google Stephenson melt and pour bases. They do a base that u just whip up and ur oils and colouring and u can pipe it. It will hold its shape and doesn't go hard.
The person quoted hasn't been around for 4 months.

Back