Quantcast

What's the best yellow mica you've used?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

aictopus

Reaction score
I'm looking for some recs for some yellow micas that remain vibrant since all of the ones I've tried have faded pretty badly. I've been using Love & Sunshine (Nurture), Lemon Drop (Nurture), and Yellow (BB) but I'm not the happiest with them. I know yellow tends to fade easier.

bookreader451

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had good luck with pearl yellow from tkb it is not a vibrant yellow but a really nice pretty yellow. I also like the epic collection yellow from Nurture.

msunnerstood

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I use a brand called Marblers that I get from Amazon. Their colors have been vibrant and it is cost-effective. Ive been happy with their yellow.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yellows do tend to fade. I use firefly yellow from Nurture. I love mimosa yellow from Nurture too, but it is a golden yellow and might not be what you want. You could also try adding a small pinch of a neon yellow. It will help the color stick, and using just a touch won’t give you a neon end result.

aictopus

Reaction score
I have had good luck with pearl yellow from tkb it is not a vibrant yellow but a really nice pretty yellow. I also like the epic collection yellow from Nurture.
Thank you, I've yet to get mica from TKB but I've had my eye on trying some eventually!

Yellow vibrance sticks a long time With no fading from Nurture.
I have no idea why I never decided to try that one lol. Thank you.

Believe it or not, I use a brand called Marblers that I get from Amazon. Their colors have been vibrant and it is cost-effective. Ive been happy with their yellow.
Oooh, that sounds interesting. I've never heard of them before, I'll check them out!

Yellows do tend to fade. I use firefly yellow from Nurture. I love mimosa yellow from Nurture too, but it is a golden yellow and might not be what you want. You could also try adding a small pinch of a neon yellow. It will help the color stick, and using just a touch won’t give you a neon end result.
Thank you thank you, I'll look into those! I have thought about trying to anchor with neons before but was sort of chicken to try it out lol.

sarahmarah

Reaction score
I just got Bright Yellow Raincoat from Mad Micas and it’s stunning. No idea if it fades yet but it is oh-so-blendable and bright.

aictopus

Reaction score
I just got Bright Yellow Raincoat from Mad Micas and it’s stunning. No idea if it fades yet but it is oh-so-blendable and bright.
I hope it doesn't fade! It sounds wonderful from what I read on their site. The name is also really cute.

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Neon Yellow also lasts well from Micas and More. I adjust the brightness with a bit of white mica or TD. I also have fluorescent Yellow from TKB trading that sticks.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
I agree with shunt2011. I would start with a neon yellow and if that is to bright, you can darken it by adding a darker yellow or black. If you use a black to darken the color be careful because you don't need much black for it to work. It is easy to turn the whole color black.