What's the best yellow mica you've used?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aictopus

Reaction score
I'm looking for some recs for some yellow micas that remain vibrant since all of the ones I've tried have faded pretty badly. I've been using Love & Sunshine (Nurture), Lemon Drop (Nurture), and Yellow (BB) but I'm not the happiest with them. I know yellow tends to fade easier.

Yellows do tend to fade. I use firefly yellow from Nurture. I love mimosa yellow from Nurture too, but it is a golden yellow and might not be what you want. You could also try adding a small pinch of a neon yellow. It will help the color stick, and using just a touch won’t give you a neon end result.

I have had good luck with pearl yellow from tkb it is not a vibrant yellow but a really nice pretty yellow. I also like the epic collection yellow from Nurture.
Thank you, I've yet to get mica from TKB but I've had my eye on trying some eventually!

Yellow vibrance sticks a long time With no fading from Nurture.
I have no idea why I never decided to try that one lol. Thank you.

Believe it or not, I use a brand called Marblers that I get from Amazon. Their colors have been vibrant and it is cost-effective. Ive been happy with their yellow.
Oooh, that sounds interesting. I've never heard of them before, I'll check them out!

Yellows do tend to fade. I use firefly yellow from Nurture. I love mimosa yellow from Nurture too, but it is a golden yellow and might not be what you want. You could also try adding a small pinch of a neon yellow. It will help the color stick, and using just a touch won’t give you a neon end result.
Thank you thank you, I'll look into those! I have thought about trying to anchor with neons before but was sort of chicken to try it out lol.

I just got Bright Yellow Raincoat from Mad Micas and it’s stunning. No idea if it fades yet but it is oh-so-blendable and bright.

I just got Bright Yellow Raincoat from Mad Micas and it’s stunning. No idea if it fades yet but it is oh-so-blendable and bright.
I hope it doesn't fade! It sounds wonderful from what I read on their site. The name is also really cute.

Neon Yellow also lasts well from Micas and More. I adjust the brightness with a bit of white mica or TD. I also have fluorescent Yellow from TKB trading that sticks.

I agree with shunt2011. I would start with a neon yellow and if that is to bright, you can darken it by adding a darker yellow or black. If you use a black to darken the color be careful because you don't need much black for it to work. It is easy to turn the whole color black.

Back