What has been your favorite soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmm, my personal favorite is lemon with ginger, sandalwood and a bit of bergamot.

You know i am not a huge fan of flowery soaps but of all I have done I really like.

 E o s t r a 
She is known by many names, Eostra, Ishtar, Olwen, where she walks spring follows her. In her wake, trees bud, flowers bloom, and animals awake. Her day is the vernal equinox, placed halfway between winter and summer. Her time is the time for planting and celebrating fertility and rebirth.
A pleasant blend of rose, sweet grass, and honeysuckle, tempered with sandal and cedar wood, spiced with black pepper and sweetened with red apple.

Tis a crinkle cut soap that is yellow with a light pink top and a pink strip in the middle.

Roy

When I ran out of an oil - totally can't remeber which one now - and subbed it with Almond Oil. It was a high percent of Almond oil, and I now make that particular soap just for me... LOVE IT. To me it is my most luxurious soap. :)

Honestly? I love all the batches I have made so far :lol: I am up to batch #18 (but who's counting?...)

I do know that I will always include RBO in every soap and aloe juice; and I have just made my first goats milk soap so that is my new favourite at the moment!

Tanya :)

Pug Mom said:
Does everyone have a favorite that they can remember? So far (I have only made about 8 batches) mine is my first batch...peppermint! I love that soap.... What was yours?

well, cherry almond isnt MY fav, but many of my people like it. I like ginger pear and cranberry fig.

out of the ones I've made so far, I'm in LOVE with my Sweet Milk & Amber - unfortunately I doubt I'll ever replicate it, since it was a hodge podge. You know, whatever Sweet Milk FO I had left (like .75oz) and whatever Sensual Amber I had left (.25-.50oz) plus it was a GM soap and I haven't had a bit of luck with GM since then.. it was a fluke success. HAHA

I have 3 bars left and I'm hoarding them for myself!

My fav, which changes frequently, is the one in the shower right now. (Ok, there is more than one :wink: ) It's a HP soap I called Bounty, its unscented and was 50% olive, 15% Avo, 10% each of Coconut, Babasuu & Shea and superfatted with 5% Frac coconut. It feels gooood :D

My fav is always the one I'm using at the moment - right now I'm using my Honeycomb Silk and loving it to death - before that it was Oatmeal Honey.........

Greener than some

Ribbett, Definately him.
Long live Kermit

There is sandlewood ,pepermint and Myrrh EO in it and too many really good oils and colours to list .
I went crazy and also added coconut and goats milk.
It has a velvety appearance and washes will .
I just got lucky with that batch.
Yummy
Here is the before story. Note the Oe's changed on making it
http://www.stardustsoaps.com/soapbox/greener/
:lol:

This is a tough question since I love all my soaps. I usually have about 5 going in the shower at any given time because I can never make up my mind to settle on just one to use exclusively. :lol:

If I had to decide, I guess there are two that stand out to me as being extra special to me right now: my 100% goatmilk soap with baby oatmeal and honey in it, and my soap made with goatmilk, cucumber juice and avocado pureee. They are so luxurious-feeling to me.

IrishLass

starduster, I love the look of that Kermit soap.

I like them all, but my two favourites are the one that has 18% cocoa butter, and then my goatsmilk soap. For sheer prettiness, I still like that first black-and-white swirl I did a few weeks ago. And since it's patchouli, I love the smell. And it's a decent soap in general.

After all my houseguests left after Christmas, I found an unused carton of cream in my fridge. I was about to toss it out...even though it was fresh, when I thought; "soap? Why not?" And I made a small batch with it as about 1/2 the liquid, with lard, olive oil, and coconut oil. I scented it with a Lavendar-Coriander FO and tossed it on the cure rack. I recently tried a small piece of it in the shower and "WOW." This is the creamiest ,most moisturing soap I have made so far. I just love it...and I only have four bars...all for me...this is my hands-down all time favorite. I have been making gm soap for about 8 months now and they are really great soaps...but this one is amazing.

Faves

My favorite soap is whichever one I am using at the time. :D

But, if I had to choose... I'm partial to my Cedar and Lemongrass soap as it is one of the first combinatins I made and when I smell it I feel nostalgic. It's got a very fulfilling continuum of scent notes, from the base and mid-notes of Cedar to the slightly spicy and top lemony note of the Lemongrass. I added Moroccan red clay to the last batch.

Two runner ups: I recently made a Peppermint & Spearmint soap and added Kaolin white clay to it. I love it and often use it as a shaving soap because it smells and feels so good.

I recently made my first soap with silk and it's right up there with the two, above. I scented it with Vetiver, Cedar and Ylang-Ylang - a fantastic combo, and added ground oatmeal to the batch. It's another great shaving soap.

Okay....I have to post an update.

I have a new favorite.....it's my properly aged pure castile that I tried this morning....of course Green Irish Tweed FO. I dropped the superfat way down on this one....to 2% to see what kind of soap I would get.....I also soaped this one with 40% lye solution. It's rock hard at 4 weeks.

I smell so good and my skin is so soft.

Calendula Petals

I just made a batch of Lavender with Calendula Petals. They are so pretty in soap, I just love the way they look.

Of course, my favorite is usually the last batch I made...

Latest posts

Back