How long have you been soaping? Or Happy Soap-A-Versary to me

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, today is my 1 year soap-a-versary! Woo hoo! How does one celebrate a soap-a-versary? I think I’ll make some soap to celebrate - LOL!

I remember thinking everyone here was sensei level soapers, and it’s been fun to see everyone support newbies, share successes and the occasional what-the-fudgescicle happened soapy session. Soooo, to celebrate “my” day, will you post how long you’ve been soaping, and maybe a picture of an early on your journey soap and your favorite soap? Idk - go crazy, you get the idea!

I’ve got 1 bar left from my first batch of CP - and I’m going to use it next 🌸

IMG_4802.jpeg

Well, today is my 1 year soap-a-versary! Woo hoo! How does one celebrate a soap-a-versary? I think I’ll make some soap to celebrate - LOL!

I remember thinking everyone here was sensei level soapers, and it’s been fun to see everyone support newbies, share successes and the occasional what-the-fudgescicle happened soapy session. Soooo, to celebrate “my” day, will you post how long you’ve been soaping, and maybe a picture of an early on your journey soap and your favorite soap? Idk - go crazy, you get the idea!

I’ve got 1 bar left from my first batch of CP - and I’m going to use it next 🌸

View attachment 73019
Congratulations on your soapiversary!!!!

My first soap was Feb 4, 2022
A triple butter recipe from AngelaPalmer. Did not know about soapcalc and was not member of forum yet. Many batches and rebatches later I still absolutely love making cp soap. Have learned a lot on this forum!

Congrats~

I still have until September! :oops: This one was my first cold process! A 100% CO 20% SF soap made with sea water and a healthy amount of partial gel 🤣 I have that top left bar in my stash still. I've yet to make another 100% CO soap again, but it's on the (long) list.

aroha.png

(But... my MP anniversary is December 2018 🤭)

Congratulations!
I have been making soap for 12 years now. The first couple years I didn’t take pictures of the few batches I made but when I joined a Facebook group I started to take pictures to post.
These soaps were some of the first ones I made to post and boy was I into piping and glitter! The higher the better! 🤣
IMG_2783.jpeg
IMG_2782.jpeg

Wow, everyone here is so clever! All of your batches amaze me. Mine are very simple, no colorants. I’ve only been soaping a few months, but I’ve been making body butters and scrubs since 2019.

Edited to add photos. These are my first and second batches. I know, second batch has air bubbles....sighs. But I learned something from it! First batch is a little irregular. I lined a silicone loaf pan with parchment paper. Since these are for self, family, friends, doesn't matter if it's pretty as long as it suits the purpose. I will keep creating until I feel like I'm ready to get a little fancier with colors, fragrances, and styles. I made batches 3 and 4 yesterday! Used a cute paw print mold and an oval mold that has a printed pattern. I can unmold them this afternoon. :)

Attachments

• SoapBatch2.jpg
    SoapBatch2.jpg
    732 KB · Views: 0
  • CoconutAlmondSoap1.jpg
    CoconutAlmondSoap1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
🎉 HAPPY SOAP-A-VERSARY! 🎉

Love all the work showcased here – so amazing! I’ve been making soap for only 4 months 😬 Totally addicted and totally inspired by everyone on this forum!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I'm glad you've joined us and appreciate your positivity! My first batch of CP soap was fall 2017 and I have no photos, thank God. Pretty RUS-TIC, uncolored and I used very expensive milk and soup cartons. The only thing I knew about CP soap was that it had to cure and I made it just in time for Christmas gifts.

Another early batch was my very first formulation of my now most popular Spring Clean. When I got glycerin rivers that I did not like (some people create them on purpose!), I googled and found this forum! From an early post -- and note to newbies, do NOT put your soap on metal:
1687101315847.png
I've shared this story ad nauseum here but I remember exclaiming to Mrs. Zing that there was a whole sub-culture I was completely unaware of with the forum and FB and etsy and YouTube and people with strong opinions on coconut oil and Soap Queen mixing in pyrex and how soon to start a business. It was like snorkeling for the first time and discovering a whole new world that had always been there.

Congratulations on the soap-a-versary @dmcgee5034 🎂🥂

My first CP soaps were made in spring 2019 and were all about testing different recipes. I was using boxes as molds. There’s a goat milk soap made with palm, lard soap with jagua and green clay layers, a couple of variations with butters and clays and a batch made with charcoal and salt In the photo below. I’m pretty sure the soap in the front on the right is HP, which I tried first because I thought the method sounded a lot easier.

IMG_0827.jpeg

For a good laugh, here’s the absolutely weirdest soap I ever made, from back around the same time.

IMG_0950.jpeg

Wow, everyone here is so clever! All of your batches amaze me. Mine are very simple, no colorants. I’ve only been soaping a few months, but I’ve been making body butters and scrubs since 2019.

Edited to add photos. These are my first and second batches. I know, second batch has air bubbles....sighs. But I learned something from it! First batch is a little irregular. I lined a silicone loaf pan with parchment paper. Since these are for self, family, friends, doesn't matter if it's pretty as long as it suits the purpose. I will keep creating until I feel like I'm ready to get a little fancier with colors, fragrances, and styles. I made batches 3 and 4 yesterday! Used a cute paw print mold and an oval mold that has a printed pattern. I can unmold them this afternoon. :)
No need to line your silicon molds. Your soap will pop right out.

I love reading everyone’s stories and seeing the photos of your early on soaps! Soooo fun!! Keep it going, peeps!

Here’s my celebratory soap, I made mostly for my family - I’ve shared that they love patchouli. I’m calling it Hippie Go Lucky. It is Ginger Patchouli, Orange and Sandalwood . Even DH exclaimed that it smells fantastic, even tho I’m a bit less enthusiastic LOL. DH and I agree the colors remind us of a tequila sunrise. It’s a OPW with a base that has a smidge of TD, and swirls of merlot, sunset orange yellow and copper micas. 🌸

IMG_1549.jpeg

This is my very first batch from July 2020. It's 90% olive oil with 10% CO, colored with turmeric. I didn't know olive oil was such a slow tracer. I blended it until the SB motor overheated and died, then dejectedly left it sitting in the bowl on the counter. Came back about a half-hour later and it was perfect for pouring!

Attachments

• 1 Bastille.jpg
    1 Bastille.jpg
    657.2 KB · Views: 0
Congratulations on the soap-a-versary @dmcgee5034 🎂🥂

My first CP soaps were made in spring 2019 and were all about testing different recipes. I was using boxes as molds. There’s a goat milk soap made with palm, lard soap with jagua and green clay layers, a couple of variations with butters and clays and a batch made with charcoal and salt In the photo below. I’m pretty sure the soap in the front on the right is HP, which I tried first because I thought the method sounded a lot easier.

For a good laugh, here’s the absolutely weirdest soap I ever made, from back around the same time.
Wait, what?! We're soaping contemporaries?! I think of you as one of the senseis here what with all your testing, skills, and beautiful designs. I thought you pre-dated me by years.

Happy soap-a-versary! 🧼🫧🎉 your latest swirls look absolutely lovely!

I hope I can get as good as all of you, but I have my doubts 😅 I’ve been soaping since last September and controlling trace seems to be beyond me…

My first soap failures were just plain colored soaps, so they failed in non-photogenic ways; one was the consistency of cheese sticks, another was an olive oil soap unwittingly superfatted at over 30%! Now, I struggle with anything involving more than 1 color. I tried some months back @Zany_in_CO’s tip about crayons for color, and I was super keen to try using squirt bottles like I saw on YouTube, but as usual for me, the trace was too fast. I created “artwork” I’m sure parents of small children can relate to:
IMG_8609.jpeg

Happy soap-a-versary! 🧼🫧🎉 your latest swirls look absolutely lovely!

I hope I can get as good as all of you, but I have my doubts 😅 I’ve been soaping since last September and controlling trace seems to be beyond me…

My first soap failures were just plain colored soaps, so they failed in non-photogenic ways; one was the consistency of cheese sticks, another was an olive oil soap unwittingly superfatted at over 30%! Now, I struggle with anything involving more than 1 color. I tried some months back @Zany_in_CO’s tip about crayons for color, and I was super keen to try using squirt bottles like I saw on YouTube, but as usual for me, the trace was too fast. I created “artwork” I’m sure parents of small children can relate to:
View attachment 73060
I feel ya, sister!! But we keep trying. :)

Latest posts

Back