what do you listen to when you soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ancel

Reaction score
I'm noticing a difference in my soaping depending on what I'm listening to at the time, so now curious: what do you all listen to while busy soaping??

My dog, the cats, the voices in my head, the same voices singing songs I hate but are stuck in my head -- immediately followed by a little Staind, Metallica, Kid Rock, Children of Bodom... I need something a little lighter, obviously!!! :)

This weekend, I'm happily listening to the spring birds calling outside the OPEN window!!! (FINALLY, spring is sprung here in Iowa!) For stuff that requires concentration, I go for fairly mellow and smooth. I like blues and folk, especially women singers. Current favorites -- Carrie Newcomer, Wailin' Jennies, Bonnie Raitt.

Listening to Wailin' Jennies too :) Also Crooked Still and Carolina Chocolate Drops :) Realised that anything more frenetic makes my swirls chaotic :problem:

"Philip Glass" channel on Pandora. There is a natural rhythm of circular motifs to his music that seems to help me concentrate.

Lately I have gotten into techno remixes of classical music. I made a Youtube playlist of them, and that's what I listen to. Seems to help with the creative process!

Since I mostly soap at night once my kids have gone to bed I don't listen to anything. I need to keep one ear out to hear if anyone is fussing from upstairs!

If I'm soaping during the day there's cartoons on to entertain the kiddies, if it's at night then nothing because like Mommysoaper I need to keep an ear out for little ones fussing.

Back