What were you gifted or got for yourself over the holidays (for soaping or bath&body)?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did you receive or gift yourself anything new that you’ll use for soaping or bath & body items? I’m curious what new (or new to you) items everyone now has as a result of holidays, sales or end of year splurges.
As I recall, @AliOop has already begun tested out several new items she received this season.
So take a moment and share what you’ve added to your stash, and what you’re looking forward to making with it.

I received a gift card to BB, and several new silicone molds.
I think I “have to” make tiny lard bars in the little piggy molds (from my 10 year old nephew!), spring flowers and valentines hearts in the others, and the Fight Club mold from my son will be for fun leftovers.
IMG_5054.jpeg

Everyone here got soap too! I bought a lot of stuff this fall to up my soap game including Buds multibar cutter, wildplantica’s beveler and kaleidoscope kit (haven’t used the kaleidoscope kit yet), several cavity molds, a few loaf molds, quite a few essential oils and a few fragrance oils. I am doing a lot of experimenting and made a lot more soap this year than any previous years. Several friends even bought soap to give as gifts which helped offset my spending. Really enjoying this hobby.

My mom sent me Christmas money so I did some crafty shopping ~ but mostly for my other hobbies and a few other splurges ~ like a juniper hair stick and a Hershey's syrup brand mug for hot cocoa 😁 plus a few other things, like a texture roller for clay and some texture mats, specialty beads and some sari silk ribbon. My mom said she's glad she just sent me money because she never would have guessed some of these things ~ I told her I have wish lists a mile long on eBay, Etsy and Amazon and I didn't even get to my Amazon list! 🤣😱🤣

I bought myself a tall and skinny mold from Custom Craft Tools. I already had the 6 inch long version love it, so I bought the 12 x 2.5 x 4.5 with a lid and liners. I bought it for myself because no one in my family would trust themselves to buy just the right tool for my soaping. 😊 Last summer I bought the Hercules soap cutting tool after seeing a recommendation from @AliOop posted in another thread. The Hercules can be used to split logs as well as cut bars. Can’t wait to get back out into the kitchen and make soap! 🧼

Hmmm. Well, my oldest son bought me a big aloe leaf to use in soapmaking and I've already portioned it into ice cubes and calculated that there's enough there to make four 5lb loaves of soap. I was so proud of him for thinking of it.
I ordered some fragrance oil samples, craft boxes, and 8oz bottles with pumps.

@dmcgee5034 Those piggies are so stinkin cute!

I bought it for myself because no one in my family would trust themselves to buy just the right tool for my soaping
This is a problem for me, too. My sister bought me a single bar wire cutter from Etsy for my birthday (despite the fact that I already had a Bud single bar cutter) and it is just not good, I'll never use it. She paid way too much for it at some twee carpentry place. Now she's nervous about buying me soapy presents, and they're the only ones I really want! It would be nice to be little again and just give Santa a list.

ETA: God, I sound so whiny. Actually, I am just happy to be around my sister and my two nieces, I moved in with them a year ago to help a bit with the kids after her husband died. Despite the awful circumstances, being able to spend so much time with the girls, especially, (they are 12 and 16) is the best gift, soon they'll be out of the house most of the time. And they are such good girls.

Last edited:
I received a gift of soap from a new relative in Spain. It looks similar to the pink Himalayan salt lick I buy for my horse, and it smells nice. Kind of incense spice? I’ll post a pic as soon as I am well enough to unpack. We got home late last night and apparently the other gift I received was some kind of cold. Hooray. Will be isolating and testing for The Vid. 😂

Did you receive or gift yourself anything new that you’ll use for soaping or bath & body items? I’m curious what new (or new to you) items everyone now has as a result of holidays, sales or end of year splurges.
As I recall, @AliOop has already begun tested out several new items she received this season.
So take a moment and share what you’ve added to your stash, and what you’re looking forward to making with it.

I received a gift card to BB, and several new silicone molds.
I think I “have to” make tiny lard bars in the little piggy molds (from my 10 year old nephew!), spring flowers and valentines hearts in the others, and the Fight Club mold from my son will be for fun leftovers.
View attachment 75740
Fight Club mold? What’s that? I loved that movie! Oh wait, nvm. I zoomed in on the photo you posted and I get it now. Very cool!

Latest posts

Back