What were you gifted or got for yourself over the holidays (for soaping or bath&body)?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
¡Hola! Finally rising from the dead. I’m still on quarantine but at least I’m vertical. I started emptying my suitcase and found the nice gift from the new in-laws. Turns out it’s from Lush. I haven’t ever been in that store, and I haven’t seen soap like this before. It’s pretty and smells nice. Mica shimmer? Photos as promised. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_5864.jpeg
    IMG_5864.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5865.jpeg
    IMG_5865.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5866.jpeg
    IMG_5866.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
¡Hola! Finally rising from the dead. I’m still on quarantine but at least I’m vertical. I started emptying my suitcase and found the nice gift from the new in-laws. Turns out it’s from Lush. I haven’t ever been in that store, and I haven’t seen soap like this before. It’s pretty and smells nice. Mica shimmer? Photos as promised. Thoughts?
I'm not familiar with the product as I don't use commercial products but I did a photo search on Google using one of your pictures and there are some review videos on YouTube

I'm not familiar with the product as I don't use commercial products but I did a photo search on Google using one of your pictures and there are some review videos on YouTube
Thanks. I don’t use commercial products either and have mixed feelings about the gift. I absolutely appreciate the kindness and intention, but I think I’ll probably donate it. I started making body butters, scrubs, and now soap, because I have sensitive skin. Fragrances easily irritate and if I don’t know what’s in it… and I feel guilty saying that because I’d never hurt anyone on purpose. Especially a new family member I truly like and care about. She doesn’t know me well enough to know what’s a good gift. So I guess that’s what I’ll do, donate it. After overthinking the whole thing of course. Sighs.

Thanks. I don’t use commercial products either and have mixed feelings about the gift. I absolutely appreciate the kindness and intention, but I think I’ll probably donate it. I started making body butters, scrubs, and now soap, because I have sensitive skin. Fragrances easily irritate and if I don’t know what’s in it… and I feel guilty saying that because I’d never hurt anyone on purpose. Especially a new family member I truly like and care about. She doesn’t know me well enough to know what’s a good gift. So I guess that’s what I’ll do, donate it. After overthinking the whole thing of course. Sighs.
https://www.lush.com/ca/en_ca/p/cel...TBZ2i12NFJ5OeIWB_stO79XmR6ZD7YuoaAhRnEALw_wcB
You can use this to see the ingredients. I love lush but I know it definitely could be overwhelming for someone with sensitive skin.

You can use this to see the ingredients. I love lush but I know it definitely could be overwhelming for someone with sensitive skin.
I like Lush too, but have never tried one of their soaps. Here are the ingredients of the soap bar [wedge? slice?] from that gift set:

Ingredients​

Natural Ingredients​

Safe Synthetics​

*occurs naturally in essential oils.​

Not sure what to make of all this, but I'll bet it smells great! I'd be tempted to keep it in a sock drawer...

@Soaped & @A-Polly - thank you both so much! Yes, it does smell good (or what I am able to smell since Covid's got my sniffer off). I think I'll hang on to it until my sniffer is a-right. I like inspiration, and once I'm better I can have some fun with it. For now, I'm off quarantine but back to the couch with soup & tea.

I love my boss; this year, instead of the usual wine and a restaurant gift card, we all received a cash bonus. After thinking about it for a while, I told John that I was going to use the money to replace a few things around here that needed replacing. We picked up some new dish rags at Costco to replace the ones that are.... ancient, as well as some microfiber shop cloths for soaping. We found a new bath mat and a few other odds and ends that should have been replaced long before now.

Then, on Amazon, I ordered a couple of under sink racks to use for fragrance oils in my soap room. I liked them so much, I ordered another couple of sets (2 per set) and another shelf with a drawer.

'm feeling much more organized now and, I must say, I'm loving the microfiber shop cloths. I intend to use them for soaping only but I'm so happy with them, I've been using them for other kitchen tasks as well.

These are the under sink racks I bought:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0BDLS6XLS?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Latest posts

Back