What are you soaping this weekend?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just unmolded Twilight Woods, Frankincense & Myrrh (both breastmilk soaps), Froot Loops (non breastmilk, vegan soap), and an unscented/uncolored breastmilk soap (special order)...
I soaped a Leather & Kudzu beer soap earlier and used a different beer than usual (Guinness instead of Bud Light) and it went nutso.. not salvageable :(

I made and unmolded a small batch of coffee soap earlier.. about to go whip up some tea soap and some RTCP whipped soaps and maybe some pumpkin cheesecake cupcake soaps with whipped buttercream scented "frosting"...

I have been a soaping fool lately because I need to get the store stocked with ready to ship stuff (I usually work mostly customs like laundry detergent and such)... I am closing down customs since baby is due in 5-6 weeks and I want to still be able to keep SOMETHING there for customers... so soap it is!

The Froot Loops one is AWESOME. My best soap yet, and SOOOOO pretty!
pics later :)

PrarieCraft, how did you like that Bergamot and black pepper? I have some pepper eo and am not sure what I want to do with it.

I made some dog shampoo bars for a friend of mine with a pet shop this weekend. She is looking for something new and the dog shampoo rocks!

I have been thinking that if the dog shampoo is so good that maybe I should try some shampoo bars. Are they worth it? What are the qualities you look for in a shampoo bar? Anyone know?

Lil Outlaws

what do you like about the breast milk soaps? I am a lactating mama too. I am not sure though if I used my milk if my family would like it...

Jezzy said:
Lil Outlaws

what do you like about the breast milk soaps? I am a lactating mama too. I am not sure though if I used my milk if my family would like it...

they are similar to GM soaps but I personally find them even better.. creamier, more moisturizing.. just really nice to use! My son has horrible eczema so we use it when he flares up and it soothes it down nicely.. I also use it for any kind of skin irritation (poison ivy, unexplained rashes, mosquito attacks, etc) and it feels great. Not drying like some other soaps..

My family all uses them (even my parents and siblings!) and its not even MY milk! LOL my friend donates it.. (expired freezer stash) Some people are more... icked out.. by the thought of mama's milk soap though :lol:

However once baby comes around Halloween I will start using my own hehe

Jezzy said:
I have been thinking that if the dog shampoo is so good that maybe I should try some shampoo bars. Are they worth it? What are the qualities you look for in a shampoo bar? Anyone know?

i made some lovely doggie soap a while back, thinking it would be a hit. much to my surprise, it's not selling. i've given it away, and everyone who has tried it loves it for their pets. i used co, calendula-infused oo, crisco, emu, castor, french pink clay, oatmeal and calendula. lightly scented with lavender and peppermint (sounds gross but it's a lovely combo for pets).

i think i would definitely try to make liquid doggie shampoo. that seems to be what sells :(

paillo said:
Jezzy said:

i made some lovely doggie soap a while back, thinking it would be a hit. much to my surprise, it's not selling. i've given it away, and everyone who has tried it loves it for their pets. i used co, calendula-infused oo, crisco, emu, castor, french pink clay, oatmeal and calendula. lightly scented with lavender and peppermint (sounds gross but it's a lovely combo for pets).

i think i would definitely try to make liquid doggie shampoo. that seems to be what sells :(

My girlfriend has a shop. I am wondering how it would sell too. My boston terrier had an awful dandruff problem. I used my soap on her and its gone! She has a lot of *green* customers and think it will sell well. Its not much of a risk for me. She is paying for me to make the soap and I get 3/4 profits...

One that I made was with peppermint too... My puppy smells goooood!

this weekend i made

1. a rose wine soap with rose clay, scented with champagne pear from ng. boiled down half a bottle of rose wine 'til a lovely deep pink color and added it at trace with coconut milk.

2. my favorite swirled gardener's bar with french green, pink and white clays, coconut milk, oatmeal, cornmeal, and embeds of rose and lemongrass soaps. scented with clary sage, gingergrass and grapefruit eos. i swear this is my all-time favorite soap, i just love the earthy tones from the clay and the gentle scrubbies from the meals. i want to eat this one!

3. swirled blackberry merlot soap with coconut milk, scented with blackberry sage from ng. it discolored to a pale creamy tan, which is fine, it's very pretty with the blackberry-colored swirl, though darker than i'd hoped...

tonight, more pumpkin goat milk soap, along with a batch of beer soap with flying dog Raging Bitch pale india ale and coconut milk. have to think about eo's to put in this one :roll: i'm on a roll!!! cook real food? forget it. clean the house? forget it. soap soap soap! :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Found the Tahiti Sweetie dupe at sweetcakes, yay! Fragrance oil finder is good stuff.

The bergamot and black pepper I made last night smells great. I colored it with red clay and sprinkled black pepper grounds on top. It's still in the mold and warm so I can't say for sure but I think the bergamot will hold. I wasn't sure if it would so I used a lot more bergamot compared to the little bit of black pepper. I was afraid of the pepper taking over but at this point it isn't really detectable, so we will see. Hopefully it comes through.

NancyRogers said:
I've got a batch of Mistletoe and Ivy (Nature's Garden) in the pot. Just waiting for my lye solution to cool a bit more. Later, I might make a small batch with a sample of something. Not sure yet.

What's everyone up to?

eager to hear what you think of the ng Mistletoe and Ivy, i have some on my fragrance shelf but haven't tried it yet. let us know? thanks for starting this thread, what fun to hear what everyone's up to :)

ooooh! Sounds NICE PrairieCraft! Post some pics when you have it cut. Pretty please! :D

paillo said:
tonight, more pumpkin goat milk soap, along with a batch of beer soap with flying dog Raging Bitch pale india ale and coconut milk. have to think about eo's to put in this one :roll: i'm on a roll!!! cook real food? forget it. clean the house? forget it. soap soap soap! :)

With your "beer soap", etc., have you ever thought of trying to make a pizza-scented soap?

I'm just sayin...

agriffin said:
NancyRogers said:
tasha said:
PrairieCraft said:
BTW I LOVE you Nancy Rogers :wink:

so do I, and I love you too PrairieCraft
:shock:

What's this? A lovefest in my "wuzzup" thread? :D I love you both too and so many others....*gasp* I just might be a soapy tart! :shock:

Hehehe...I love NR also! Since we're all confessing...

....add me to the list of (not so secret) admirers!! You guys are AWESOME.

Muzhik said:
With your "beer soap", etc., have you ever thought of trying to make a pizza-scented soap?

I'm just sayin...

hee hee, i had a 14-year-old this weekend request pizza soap -- half pepperoni, half cheese, with one half being scrubby, the other half being soapy :lol:

and, i thought, what a great idea! now, just have to figure out how to make the pepperoni and cheese -- nature's perfect food, and perfect soap, he said :lol: 8)

paillo said:
Muzhik said:

I'm just sayin...

hee hee, i had a 14-year-old this weekend request pizza soap -- half pepperoni, half cheese, with one half being scrubby, the other half being soapy :lol:

and, i thought, what a great idea! now, just have to figure out how to make the pepperoni and cheese -- nature's perfect food, and perfect soap, he said :lol: 8)

THAT would be cool! Kids would go nuts.

Just finished chocolate caramel, pink grapefruit, pink sugar, orange and ginger, peppermint, cherry blossom, and a slab of Hooah! from Southern Soapers, all GM. Had several quarts of GM nearing expiration date and too lazy to freeze. The latter is an evergreen scent; swirled red and green. Nothing fancy. Nice scent, though.

Prairie, I'd be interested to hear how the black pepper is on the skin. Sounds wonderful. One of the bath and body shops had a black pepper perfume years ago. Nice stuff.

nattynoo said:
Thought I might give a shampoo bar a go.
Might try 100%coconut oil with 20% superfat method.
Lime EO.

Bring on the experiments!!
How did that go?
I thought co was too harsh on it's own?
I've been trying to find out a good ratio.
I'd be interesting in hearing what it was like - saves me mucking up a batch! ta.

weekend soap

hey everyone

this weekend i will be remaking a batch of hp that made last night and completely forgot to add one of my oils which was 13% of my recipe. i was wondering why it seemed so lye-heavy and had cookie crumbly syndrome.

I will be splitting this batch to try out 3 scents i got frm BB this week..tropical vacation, bay rum, and OMH..all of which are completely nauseating OOB. i really hope they soap better. :cry:

paillo said:
NancyRogers said:
I've got a batch of Mistletoe and Ivy (Nature's Garden) in the pot. Just waiting for my lye solution to cool a bit more. Later, I might make a small batch with a sample of something. Not sure yet.

What's everyone up to?

eager to hear what you think of the ng Mistletoe and Ivy, i have some on my fragrance shelf but haven't tried it yet. let us know? thanks for starting this thread, what fun to hear what everyone's up to :)

It is fun to hear what everyone is up to! :D I'm loving the Mistletoe and Ivy. It smells very nice. Everyone seems to like the smell. I'd reorder.

Today I made all green soap because my 4 year old decided to "help mama make soap" and dumped 1/2 of my mica into the rebatch that I had just dumped into the crock as I went to add the butters and additives.

So, I made Pear Fantasy type which smells WONDERFUL throughout my house, a few bars of Lime FO, Lime EO, lime powder and Key Lime peeling grated, and also a big bar of Jasmine and Green Tea FO and Jasmine and green tea powder that I had a sampler for. I added Cocoa butter, Aloe butter for the SF because I didn't super it when I made the rebatch, and I added Coconut Milk and milk powder/water. It all turned out really green. I am wondering if I will have green bubbles with this.

tespring said:
Today I made all green soap because my 4 year old decided to "help mama make soap" and dumped 1/2 of my mica into the rebatch that I had just dumped into the crock as I went to add the butters and additives.

So, I made Pear Fantasy type which smells WONDERFUL throughout my house, a few bars of Lime FO, Lime EO, lime powder and Key Lime peeling grated, and also a big bar of Jasmine and Green Tea FO and Jasmine and green tea powder that I had a sampler for. I added Cocoa butter, Aloe butter for the SF because I didn't super it when I made the rebatch, and I added Coconut Milk and milk powder/water. It all turned out really green. I am wondering if I will have green bubbles with this.

That would be so fun for "Green Eggs and Ham Day" at school. They had that when my kids were little. I helped in the classroom that day. Green scrambled eggs. Ewww. But they would have loved washing with green lather soap!

Back