What are you soaping this weekend?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
star1271 said:
nattynoo said:
Thought I might give a shampoo bar a go.
Might try 100%coconut oil with 20% superfat method.
Lime EO.

Bring on the experiments!!
How did that go?
I thought co was too harsh on it's own?
I've been trying to find out a good ratio.
I'd be interesting in hearing what it was like - saves me mucking up a batch! ta.

OK tried 100% CO and it was exactly the same as a beef fat bar and an Olive oil/CO and Palmoil bar - ie YUK!

So I give up on shampoo bars!
(Not really - I'll keep reading..)

Wow! All these ideas are so inspiring!!
As I am still a newbie, I am working on different EO combos and finding out what works and what doesn't in CP. Trying out some colour combos as my last attempt ended up looking like a rash on the soap :oops: !
I have some GM in the fridge just begging to be made into some soap. So that's what I think I'm up to tonight!

Today I made the most spectacular soap-on-a-stick-blender you ever saw. But it melted back into shape in the crock pot. At least I saved the soap - even tho' it's not how I intended it to look.

Live and learn. :D

Small-scale (not big time) film crew wants to film and document soapmaking in our shop on Tuesday, so for the 2nd soap run this week I only ran 5 of the 11 molds, so six remain (for the film crew to watch being filled); plus an abundance of logs waiting in the drying rack for cutting from the previous run of 11 molds.

Like the Julia Child cooking show, they need soap at all stages for filming, at mixing, at pouring, at unwraping, at dis-assembly of the molds, at log cutting, cutting. So they are gonna get it! I'd better run over there now and pull off the covers and space the 5 curing molds out for an all day coast-cooling during Monday. I'll blast them with fans Tuesday morning if they are still too warm.

Latest posts

Back