What are you soaping this weekend?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NancyRogers

Reaction score
I've got a batch of Mistletoe and Ivy (Nature's Garden) in the pot. Just waiting for my lye solution to cool a bit more. Later, I might make a small batch with a sample of something. Not sure yet.

What's everyone up to?

putting together my stuff for the Halloween swap this weekend... so no telling about that one!

but I might CP somethin' up here for fun... maybe Pumpkin Patch from NDA.

I'm going to try bergamot and black pepper EO. There is a product line that uses that combo (I forget the maker) that smells lovely. I love bergamot so...we will see. Sometimes the EO blends are great and other times they end up smelling gross. Not sure what my FO batch is going to be for tonight. I have sooo many samples to try and just ordered more from candlescience so will probably use one of those if they show up today. Does anyone know the B&BW scent Tahiti Sweetie? Haven't come across it anywhere, that stuff is amazing.

BTW I LOVE you Nancy Rogers :wink:

tasha said:
PrairieCraft said:

so do I, and I love you too PrairieCraft
:shock:

What's this? A lovefest in my "wuzzup" thread? :D I love you both too and so many others....*gasp* I just might be a soapy tart! :shock:

I just made oatmeal and honey GM soap. Used milky way molds for the first time.
My trace got really thick once I added the GM and honey and oatmeal!!!
Will get them out of the fridge in the morning!! :)

NancyRogers said:
tasha said:
PrairieCraft said:

so do I, and I love you too PrairieCraft
:shock:

What's this? A lovefest in my "wuzzup" thread? :D I love you both too and so many others....*gasp* I just might be a soapy tart! :shock:

Hehehe...I love NR also! Since we're all confessing...

I've been making NOTHING but liquid soap.

Tomorrow I'm gonna try and do some CP-ing. Prolly some different pumpkins...I've got a pumpking from BB to try. And prolly some coconut soap for laundry soap.

I made a batch of Macintosh Apple, and a batch of Spicy Cup of Joe (which is the best coffee fragrance oil I have ever smelled).
I also made some Tangerine and Tea Tree Facial soap with Amazing Grains (a mixture of grains I bought from a local retailer) with an addition of Carrot Seed Oil and Aloe butter for the SF that I added after melting down the re-batch. I cannot wait to try this, it looks SO great.

Thought I might give a shampoo bar a go.
Might try 100%coconut oil with 20% superfat method.
Lime EO.

Bring on the experiments!!

The facial soap sounds great! Let us know how it comes out.

Well, I've got a batch of liquid soap in the crock pot and I took the lid off to stir. I guess a gust of cool air hit and POP! It cracked.

So tomorrow I will be going to wally world to get a stainless steel one. UGH.

Amanda, I love you too! :D I'm so sorry about your crockpot. That's scary! Pumpkin soaps sound good though.

Nattynoo, lime shampoo...yummy!

tespring, I have some Mac Apple from Bert's that I haven't soaped yet. Spicy cup of joe, huh? Where did you get that FO? It does sound nice. Your facial soap sounds great too.

SmellyKat (I love your name. It makes me sing that silly song.), OMH, yummy!

PrairieCraft, that EO combo seems great! I haven't smelled the BBW fragrance you mentioned. Have you tried to search for it on the fragrance oil finder site?

Tasha, I can't wait to see what you do for the swap. I'm working on my packaging tonight.

I hope everyone will post photos! I've been slacking with the photos, but maybe next week I'll catch up on that. I'm trying to soap a bunch of stuff for Christmas gifts. Busy busy busy. Today I did the Mistletoe & Ivy and a small batch of Sugar Cookie Brulee. What I should be doing is housework, but I don't wanna. :p

This weekend I'm getting my new soaping space into shape (more or less) so that starting early next week I can SOAP!!

But first priorities are
- lip balms
- Arnica balm
- Lotion - just learning, need for a swap
- Body Butter for a swap

THEN soap!

(I'll be having a BOGO sale to clear out my soap inventory once I have fresh batches curing)

The Spicey Cup Of Joe comes from a place called Jar-Pot Candles, Bath and Body.

I hope to soap something this weekend, but DD needed to cook in my soap spot (kitchen), so I got ousted. Maybe tomorrow. I have the recipes picked out just need to make my mind up about fragrance oils. Too many choices, or not enough? I'm definately going to need more room in the fragrance oil closet. Maybe some more shelves?

My lip balms are done & labeled, I have coconut milk soap & howood and rose geranium soap now on the curing rack. I need to get my infusions out and make some balms.

Yesterday I made my first batch of liquid soap with CO,OO, and Castor. It is scented with Daystar's Shampure De Luxe. Now it's sitting in the bucket curing. I hope it came out ok.

Patiently waiting

I'm not soaping this weekend :( I ordered some butters and FO's from WSP and they haven't arrived yet. Hopefully the soaping will commence next weekend.

I finally got into the kitchen (not easy to do with late breakfast and early lunches for 3 people) and made 3 fragrances from SGS. I did a big batch of Twilight Dream, two smaller batches (same recipe, just split it in two) Sensuous and Crystal Oasis. They're all resting and should be ready to cut tomorrow a.m.

Tuesday is my anniversary, I might be able to do another batch then. I might have to switch to week days, as the weekends are too busy to try to squeeze a batch in with all the kitchen traffic.

I just made a chocolate, orange and patchouli soap with colored swirls on top. It smells great so far!

Latest posts

Back