what are this ingredients?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babegrr

Reaction score
I ve seen pictures of really good looking soaps with listed ingredients such as sorbitol, titanium dioxide, glycerin, soy bean protein etc, where did u find this ingredinstr? how do u add it to the cold process soap? what kind of soap is this? im so rookie with this pls bear with me thanks

Sorbitol is a sugar. Titanium dioxide is a whitening pigment used to color soap. You can purchase it online. Glycerine is a bi-product of soap making. It's made when fat and lye saponifies (when you make soap) and it's a moisturizing agent. Soy bean protein is a mystery to me as far as using it in soap. You can add sugar to cold process soap to increase the bubbles/lather (I forget which one) and titanium dioxide colors the soap white. Glycerine is not added to soap, it's created when soap is made. It's a bi-product of saponification. I hope that helps a little.

Can you post the entire ingredient list? If it has sorbitol in it, I suspect its melt and pour glycerin soap, not cold process.

Here r the ingredients, most of their soaps have the same:
Ingredients:Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Safflower Oil, Glycerin (kosher, of vegetable origin), Goat’s Milk, Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxide (saponifying agent), Sorbitol (moisturizer), Sorbitan oleate (emulsifier), Soy bean protein (conditioner) , Titanium Dioxide (mineral whitener used in opaque Soaps), Oatmeal (whole & ground).

Yep, thats melt and pour. You can make some really pretty bars with M & P. Can you post a picture of the soap? or a link?

what TEG said, some of the soaps are CP, some are MP. you can quite easily see which ones are the MP ones, those with a very smooth appearance are def MP (eg: their espresso and strawberry soaps).

you can also combine CP and MP. lots of ppl do it. i sometimes do it too.

Latest posts

Back