Well, its about that time again...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieSpinne

Reaction score
If you are in business, then I STRONGLY recommend that you get a tax accountant.

I cannot stress this enough. Unless someone is a tax accountant for the state where you are doing your business, they cannot effectively advise you on taxation since tax laws are convoluted and change very frequently.

Please contact a tax accountant; the money you save will be your own.

I agree with talking to a tax accountant. I am NOT a tax accountant but I work in wholesale in California. I have some customers that have provided me with a California Resale Certificate certifying that they are buying my products wholesale and either reselling them directly or using them to make their own products, which they then resell. They have to charge sales tax on those products they sell, and pay that to the state. It can be complicated, so I HIGHLY recommend talking to a tax accountant about your specific situation. If you make a mistake in your sales tax reporting and get audited, you not only have to pay the missed sales tax but also some pretty heavy duty fines. Think of the fee for the tax accountant as cheap insurance.

Latest posts

Back