We have a WINNER!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, you pay $6 to participate and only people who've signed up can vote (prevents people with boatloads of friends from automatically winning every month.) It does push you, though, to think about new things to do or the best color combos and to do something you haven't tried before in order to be fresh. I made 6-8 soaps for it before landing on the one I entered, but I also thought we just needed to use a comb and I didn't see it had to a slab. That eliminated most of the others I made.

You don't have to be a pro to enter at all obviously. It's just a way to drive yourself along. Come on, at least a few people from here should join me in it for December! Toss your hat in the ring! Join me!!!

Well since the upcoming soap challenge says it's easy enough for us newer soapers I am thinking about giving it a shot... Might be good to challenge myself with something. I have a little bit of colorant left, I hope it's enough!

Yes, you pay $6 to participate and only people who've signed up can vote (prevents people with boatloads of friends from automatically winning every month.) It does push you, though, to think about new things to do or the best color combos and to do something you haven't tried before in order to be fresh. I made 6-8 soaps for it before landing on the one I entered, but I also thought we just needed to use a comb and I didn't see it had to a slab. That eliminated most of the others I made.

You don't have to be a pro to enter at all obviously. It's just a way to drive yourself along. Come on, at least a few people from here should join me in it for December! Toss your hat in the ring! Join me!!!

Way to go, Amy!!!! :p

Yeah, I may. I had a moment where I thought of a neat soap with the spoon swirl, but I don't have the fo to match the style of soap. Guess it really doesn't matter...we'll see.
Everyone post if they're doing it! Are you going to Amy?

My my my! Thank you so much! I have to say that I was lucky that it all came together well because I have plenty of botches under my belt, that is for certain. My stars aligned!

How many people want to join me for next month?? It's spoon swirls and my understanding from Amy Warden is that they will be the Celine type spoon swirls, not spoon layered swirls. It would be fun to have a whole bunch of us in there, don't you think? We could all help each other pick out a person's best work. It would be a blast!

Daryl, Great Cakes has a challenge every month. Amy Warden sets out the rule about what kind of soap is the challenge of the month- it can be a color palette, a technique, or both. They have had peacock swirls, ITP swirls, Dandelion swirls, Holly swirls, color matching, negative space embedding, positive space embedding etc... and you have to make the soap according to the rules and it has to be made during the time frame of the contest, so you can't enter an old soap you already made. You have to pay to sign up ($5.95) and then you get the tutorials. The timeframe is set out and Amy emails all the info for that, then the link up for you to show your soap (blog, FB or Pinterest) and you have to say how you made your soap- no one can hide techniques. Then everyone has three votes you can cast for your favorites and once it's tallied up, they announce the winners.

Lynnz!!! I haven't seen a post from you in a coon's age, as they say. I hope you are well!

Congrats!! Your soap really blew us away (I participated in the challenge for the first time)! Excited to see what you do next!

WooHoo! IT will be fun to see what we come up with! Lionprincess, it doesn't really matter if your FO matches the colors. I have to say that looking at the soaps, I didn't really pay attention to if someone's FO seemed appropriate. I think this is pure visual, really.

I got free registration for this month so I'm trying to come up with something that I feel is the one. Spoon swirls are not really my thing and certainly not a strong suit of mine so I am struggling.

I am still in awe with the ingenuity of a four layered soap and the DNA swirl. Sure wish it would impart some vision to a celine swirl. It seems like such an easy technique but I'm not coming up with anything worthy of competition! Hope the rest of you are doing better.

Did mine tonight and it is sleeping as we speak. Not feeling confident about it though but I will see when I cut sometime this weekend. I still have time to make another if needed :)

I did a practice run tonight for it. Only had a shake or so of color left in a few of my neon samplers so I practiced a heavier trace and the spoon swirl. Not sure there is enough color in there to really see it though but it was good practice, with a floral even!

Yeehaw, that's the spirit! I practiced too, in a makeshift mold downsized to 400 g of oils. I seriously need to buy (or make) a 1 lb mold, this was a bit ridiculous. Soap was seeping under the divider, I hope it congealed enough to heal itself :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back