Wanting to make some wax melts!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyR

Reaction score
I want to make some simple wax melts but am not sure which type of wax is the best to use for this?

I would like to go with soy wax, but I've come across a few different types of it, and am not even sure if soy wax is recommended for tarts?

Sorry, no candle experience here! ;)

If anyone has any suggestions for me as far as what I need, I'd really appreciate it! I have some silicone shaped molds that I want to use for these - will they work okay?

TIA!

I was wondering the same thing. Aren't they also called Soy Tarts? No clue how to make candles either :D I'd be very interested in an answer.
Dagmar

Well, I've done some more research and it appears to be very easy to make soy tarts. :)

They say to use pillar/votive wax. I've just ordered some as well as some cute tart tins, so we'll see how it goes when I try it as soon as my order comes! :)

Little late for this reply..

Container wax is not recommended for tarts.You will never get it out of the molds..Paraffin,Soy,Palm are great for tarts.

Use the same formula that you would for making candles.Pour it into your molds,cure,and it's done.

Tarts are forgiving.Play around with them.You could start out by using just the wax,scent,color..If your not happy with the throw add the additives.

Mini muffin pans are great for tarts,Ice cube trays as well.Both have an average weight of 2oz's..and fit into the standard warmers..

Have fun! :)

Munky.

Latest posts

Back