Best Pillar Wax to Use?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aromahypnotist

Reaction score
I have always made scented soy container candles. I am moving into using molds now, and have really only used beeswax so far, since it is natural and clean-burning. I had to search for a long time, almost a decade of crafting, to figure out a good ratio to get a good soy wax combination for the type of candles I wanted. What wax would you suggest using for silicon molds if you were trying to get up to a 3.5 inch wide pillar comprised of a wax that is soft like soy but also long-lasting so that the wax doesn't pour over the sides or tunnel too much? I understand that the wick has a lot to do with it too, so what wicks would you suggest to use along with the type of wax you would recommend? I like waxes that require very little fragrance for a strong aroma. Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Noel
TheAromaHypnotistsShop.com

and clean-burning
Any wax can be clean-burning if it's wicked right.
I like waxes that require very little fragrance for a strong aroma. Thanks for any help or suggestions!
That would be a paraffin pillar wax, and probably the best wax (IMO) to use for a molded pillar. If it's a 3 inch in diameter, I would start with a 24ply flat-braid.

Latest posts

Back