Vanilla Coffee and Cream to go with the Bacon and Oatmeal

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I could not resist.. Guess I was craving breakfast. Here is some French Vanilla Coffee and Cream to go with the Bacon and Oatmeal ( Couldn't resist the try, Bacon and Oatmeal ).

I used a very dark and rich roast ground very fine then made into a very dark coffee with distilled water. Used the coffee for lye water. I also did two other grinds, table spoon of very fine for putting in the oil, pencil layers and course ground for garnish on top. I split the batch in two and put titanium dioxide in one half (since it was already brown from the lye water) with a hint of vanilla essential oils. I left the the other half as is. I pored layers and put in pencil line and continued to top.

It smells quite strong of coffee with a hint of vanilla.. Should go great with the Bacon and Oatmeal :)

20200516_095940.jpg

Arimara, this is a second version of this soap. Its one of soaps my relatives and friends love and request. I've used a couple of bars myself. It feels great!! The smell is very nice. The scrubbing feels great (one of the main reasons my wife uses it). In this version I made it a tad smoother bar and put in a hint of vanilla with it.

Arimara, this is a second version of this soap. Its one of soaps my relatives and friends love and request. I've used a couple of bars myself. It feels great!! The smell is very nice. The scrubbing feels great (one of the main reasons my wife uses it). In this version I made it a tad smoother bar and put in a hint of vanilla with it.
I used espresso ground coffee back in December or January. It was not much more than a tbsp and that sucker was still too scrubby for me. I like the soap and will replan it but I guess some of us can't enjoy the coffee grounds save for emergency mosquito "anti itch" soap. :)

Arimara, Its just one of those personal preference things. I think at the age my wife and I are, She loves the scrub type soaps and to me, well, I guess I like them more then I realize after talking with you :)
If my skin gets any drier and itchier, I may love more them too. Summer is almost here and mosquitoes will abound- I cannot have these soaps around if I get bitten up like normal. On a side note, I have a delicious smelling caramel coffee fragrance I forgot about. I need to see if it discolors or accelerates.

That looks absolutely stunning!
Don't know why but it always makes me happy when people make soap with vanilla in it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back