Ugly Anise

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried8) This does make me wonder, would anyone on here ever tell a person their soap is ugly?
Like another poster said - we just don't post!
I've posted pics of truly ugly soaps and had my opinion confirmed by ZERO replies, LOL!
BTW, I hope you don't mind if use this soap as an inspiration for my own 'Fishing Soap'? The DH and I are planning a fall visit to a fishing camp with his elderly dad and the DH's brothers - I would love to use your ideas of pumice, anise FO, and charcoal. I have some very similar molds that would be the perfect size bars for a couple of days at the fishing camp; and also to give as "Thank You" gifts to the hosts!
Would you mind terribly if I tried to replicate your soap?

Last edited:
Replicate away, I don't own the design:) DO you have the pumice yet? I used the super fine from WSP, added in 1/4 cup as it is really, really fine.

These look really creamy to me, and they also look like they suit the purpose and intended audience perfectly. That's a success to me!

I do a really similar bar.. I didn't put pumice in mine though, that is a great idea. (Mine started out as a black and pink bar which I didn't like so I rebatched it down.) It looked like granite and sold really fast. Now that's pretty much the only way I make fisherman's soap.

This is the only picture I could find of mine... I need to make more.

1403137983081.jpg

Thanks, Obsidian!
I ordered the anise EO from WSP during their EO sale last Monday, but I've been saving my other orders for this Monday's sale on soap boxes...you are just beyond sweet to let me know you used the super-fine pumice! I wasn't sure and was just going to order both and play around with them.
Thank you so much!! :)

Latest posts

Back