Tell me about putting soap molds in the oven

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewenique

Reaction score
Total newbie here. I'm still learning about different soapmaking techniques and gathering the necessary materials. I hope to make my 1st batch soon. I want to try a small CP batch using a blender, then pouring the soap into a mold and putting it in the oven instead of wrapping it with a towel. Please give me suggestions and tips about blender soap, types of molds, oven temp, how long, etc. Thanks!

depends on what type of mold you are using. DO NOT...I repeat DO NOT go buy a cheapie mold from michaels, wal-mart, hobby lobby, etc. & put it in the oven. *don't even ask me how I know*
Silicone mold work great, & release great. The biggest problem that I had trying to "gel" a Cp in the oven was that my soap did weird things & I don't know why. Actually I have a couple pretty good ideas. I never set my oven higher than warm, because I didn't want to melt my molds (they didn't melt but they did warp), almost all of them did this volcano like thing & left air pockets through-out the soap. looked like a pumice stone. I am too impatient to try & figure out exactly what happened, so I shredded it, & rebatched. It's perfectly good soap now, but I won't be trying that again.

Latest posts

Back