Super excited today😁

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreams

Reaction score
About a week ago,I took some pics of the soap I've made.Setup and photo shoot took 5 minutes 👍 know could be better. I just wanted to send to a few friends, get their opinion before, I sent to my very opinionated family members (can't do anything right in there eyes🙄) Explained I'm just starting, due to that, I had requests to try,sent a few to each request,not cheap..but did pay off. Made my first sale today of 8 bars..woot,woot $64.00 to go back into soapin👍😊

can't do anything right in there eyes🙄
Better that way. Soap can be quite irritating to ocular mucous membranes 😜
Seriously. Listen carefully if they are just jealous/skeptical because they don't want to believe into that soap esoterism, or they think you don't deserve the attention with your new occupation. Or they attempt to concentrate on critical evaluation (they might think that the advantageous aspects of your products doesn't need/deserve attention). Or if there are some non-soapy interhuman thingies going on – in this case you shouldn't expose your soap to their judgment. Soap doesn't deserve to be pulled into such issues.

Judging from your other thread, you're definitely talented and ambitious. That's the best thing that can happen. A bit of over-ambition and jealousy on “professionals” and their products keeps you from developing further.

And congrats to your sale!

Better that way. Soap can be quite irritating to ocular mucous membranes 😜
Seriously. Listen carefully if they are just jealous/skeptical because they don't want to believe into that soap esoterism, or they think you don't deserve the attention with your new occupation. Or they attempt to concentrate on critical evaluation (they might think that the advantageous aspects of your products doesn't need/deserve attention). Or if there are some non-soapy interhuman thingies going on – in this case you shouldn't expose your soap to their judgment. Soap doesn't deserve to be pulled into such issues.

Judging from your other thread, you're definitely talented and ambitious. That's the best thing that can happen. A bit of over-ambition and jealousy on “professionals” and their products keeps you from developing further.

And congrats to your sale!
Thank you😊.I try..get discouraged and wonder if it's worth it, I'm unemployed due to other issues and pouring😂 money, I don't have into this makes me wonder.. No,my family is just snobby🙄 and since, my main goal in life is not to be rich...I mind as well baa when around them,like the black 🐑 I am😂🤣 Here's the pics I sent them..first batch to last(last in other post) The second to last,I think I cut to soon,not sure but,then I decided to try to rebatch 🙄and look at that mess😔 should of cut the edge off and called it a day..If I could learn to control my batter,they may come out like planned, till then,this is what I got so far, I have alot to learn.....Thank you for your words 😊 IMG_20210611_120821253.jpgIMG_20210611_121224935.jpgIMG_20210611_121544876.jpgIMG_20210611_122311809.jpgIMG_20210611_123219313.jpgIMG_20210611_123913484.jpgIMG_20210611_204448706.jpgIMG_20210708_154137979.jpg

About a week ago,I took some pics of the soap I've made.Setup and photo shoot took 5 minutes 👍 know could be better. I just wanted to send to a few friends, get their opinion before, I sent to my very opinionated family members (can't do anything right in there eyes🙄) Explained I'm just starting, due to that, I had requests to try,sent a few to each request,not cheap..but did pay off. Made my first sale today of 8 bars..woot,woot $64.00 to go back into soapin👍😊
Congratulations Dream that is exciting!

Sorry to be a wet blanket but you should not be selling your soaps yet. You have no idea how they'll age. Will they get DOS? Do you have insurance? Are you labelling properly? Those of us who make and sell have many years of experience under our belts and wouldn't even consider selling until you have a minimum of a year of soapmaking under your belt.

Last edited:
Dreams if you are interested in selling Modern Soapmaking has a great course that will teach you everything you need to know. I took the course and it really helped me and after many thousands of dollars and a year of preparation I will start selling in August. We have all been where you are right now. Don't be discouraged take the time you need to learn and do things properly. ❤ I wasn't aware you were a newbie soaper

Sorry to be a wet blanket but you should not be selling your soaps yet. You have no idea how they'll age. Will they get DOS? Do you have insurance? Are you labelling properly? Those of us who make and sell have many years of experience under our belts and wouldn't even consider selling until you have a minimum of a year of soapmaking under your belt.
In NO way am I trying to sell/deal with public in any way..It's only a few close friends and family that even know I have started soaping and they know I'm just starting,I gave her a notebook paper of all ingredients,don't have a business name, labels or insurance, why, cause I'm learning and getting feedback. If the few people I have told ,want to offer me money to put back into it ,then I will except👍 Made first batch. Jan 7th...so, I think I'm taking my time only made about 7-8 batches so far..I'm just learning and trying to have fun doing it...Thank you 😊

@Dreams I fear that @Misschief is correct. We want to see you succeed, and taking the time to learn the twists and turns is a necessary part of that.
Of course, as I wrote back to Misschief just dealing with a few people for feedback ,no interest in selling to public,I have plenty to learn and figure out before I even consider that..just making and what they give,put back to make more...

Dreams if you are interested in selling Modern Soapmaking has a great course that will teach you everything you need to know. I took the course and it really helped me and after many thousands of dollars and a year of preparation I will start selling in August. We have all been where you are right now. Don't be discouraged take the time you need to learn and do things properly. ❤ I wasn't aware you were a newbie soaper
Yep, just learning and have no intention on selling outside of my little circle if I even do,I'm a introvert and don't like to deal with people ..and yes I am taking my time in learning,made first batch in Jan...just having fun and putting back into it for now..

Yep, just learning and have no intention on selling outside of my little circle if I even do,I'm a introvert and don't like to deal with people ..and yes I am taking my time in learning,made first batch in Jan...just having fun and putting back into it for now..
That's wonderful I could really relate to your story because my family was incredibly hateful to me when I was beginning soapmaking back in 2010. Wouldn't even use it. Funnily enough my husband's family and friends loved and supported my soapmaking even though I don't think my soaps were very good back then. This is such a great community of people here and we really just want the best for each other so I'm glad you are here 😍

That's wonderful I could really relate to your story because my family was incredibly hateful to me when I was beginning soapmaking back in 2010. Wouldn't even use it. Funnily enough my husband's family and friends loved and supported my soapmaking even though I don't think my soaps were very good back then. This is such a great community of people here and we really just want the best for each other so I'm glad you are here 😍
I stay way from my family,we do best in different states 😂 Awe 😊 thank...I want to do candles, scared about wicking and glass breaking 😳 so my thinking was, if I can read and come up with my own CP recipes and it solidified .I could wick a candle.👍😊 It took me quit awhile to join.Every time I was reading something and had a question,I'd Google it and 95% of the time the first post would direct me here. I would read the question and comments, they were nice, informative and humourous..So,, just here to question, learn and have a few laughs along 👍😊

I stay way from my family,we do best in different states 😂 Awe 😊 thank...I want to do candles, scared about wicking and glass breaking 😳 so my thinking was, if I can read and come up with my own CP recipes and it solidified .I could wick a candle.👍😊 It took me quit awhile to join.Every time I was reading something and had a question,I'd Google it and 95% of the time the first post would direct me here. I would read the question and comments, they were nice, informative and humourous..So,, just here to question, learn and have a few laughs along 👍😊
I agree! That’s why I just went ahead and joined and became a supporting member…great community.

Latest posts

Back