Soap Separation at Color Line

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aveyne

Reaction score
Hello all. This is about my 6th batch of soap I've made. I have been greatly enjoying my adventures and appreciate all the information everyone has shared on this forum.

I know I've read about this problem before on the forums, but now that I'm trying to find it I cannot. Typical.

Below I posted a couple pics of the soap and the separation at the cocoa line. And also at the thick cocoa section of the soap. If anyone has any suggestions as to why this happened, I'd love to be enlightened! Thank you.

Recipe:
Coconut 18%
Avacado 25%
Rice Bran Oil 10%
Palm Oil 40%
Caster Oil 7%
SF 5%
2 lb batch
Pepermint EO

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

Last edited:
Was there another line before the cocoa colored section? At the first pencil line, it probably separated because of too much cocoa. It needs to be a very thin coating where you can still see plenty of soap through so that the soap on each side can stick to itself. Too much and it can't stay together.

The first pencil line I did put too much. Maybe i put too much cocoa powder in the cocoa color section and that was the reason for the double separation.

Thank you Lin

Back