Soap I have curing at the moment

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponista

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1390147471.612024.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1390147487.394387.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1390147512.860942.jpg

These are my three latest soaps, the purple one is scented with rose geranium palms rosa and petitgrain. I wanted to do a swirl but I spent ages messing around trying to get the purple mica mixed into the batter and it set up on me too quickly so it just had to be half and half, it also partially gelled as I realised there was no room in my fridge to put it after I had made it.

The second is a bar scented with dark chocolate and almond fragrance oil and coloured with a bit of cocoa powder and some chestnut mica. It's a weird shape as I only made a little but in the bottom of a plastic box to see how the scent behaved. It seized up really badly but I was prepared and shoved it straight into the mold. It smells lovely but I don't think I will be using that fragrance oil again.

The third is my first attempt at hot process, it's a coconut milk soap scented with tea tree as I wanted facial soap for my problem skin. I think I should have added the coconut milk at the end as it caramelised a bit during cooking which is why it's a creamy brown colour. I kind of like it that way though.

great soaps! micas are supposed to be quite friendly to use. i mixed mine with oil first and use a mini latte frother to smooth all the lumps.

Thanks seven, I am having another go with a 3 colour mica swirl today. I have mixed the mica with a little bit of oil to get it dissolved to avoid the dreaded clumps I experienced first time around! I am also going to add TD to the whole batch as a base colour like you suggested on another thread. Just waiting for my lye and oils to cool and then I will give it a go. Fingers crossed it turns out ok!

I gave it a go, poured the batter when it was still a little bit too thin, but still managed to get it to stay in the sections I had poured. Did the swirl, all was looking good, then asked my husband to help me lift the mold to wrap it in cling film to make it safe for the fridge. He picks it up and smooshes all the batter everywhere, over the sides, into the kitchen drainer and now my beautiful pattern looks all messed up. :(

Us husbands often need very precise directions in order to operate. Without saying "Don't jolly well spill it everywhere" what did you expect him to do?

As for the soaps, they look lovely. The fudge colour of the HP soap is great.

Oh no! This sounds exactly like something my husband would do. You should see my flat castile. I hope it works out.

There are many things I don't let my bf do, LOL. One time when we were cutting soap, he was getting frustrated at the time it took me and how much help I needed from him. So he asks why don't I just let him do it. I replied "Because if you screw it up I'll be furious with you. If I screw it up I can only be mad at myself." He didn't ask to just let him do it again ;)

Back