Soap has no scent

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coa

Reaction score
Hi I recently Had some one make some soaps for me with my own supplied fragrance oils. The soaps where made in 4 lb batches for a batch this size how much fragrance oils should you use to get a good scent from your soaps?

It matters what your fragrance oil supplier recommends. But it "usually" is around .7 oz - 1 oz per pound of soap.
Was it CP soap or MP soap?

It matters what your fragrance oil supplier recommends. But it "usually" is around .7 oz - 1 oz per pound of soap.
Was it CP soap or MP soap?

An entire ounce per pound? Forgive me, but isn't that a lot? I'd heard .5 pp for CP and .3 pp for MP-if I've been doing it wrong... :(

An entire ounce per pound? Forgive me, but isn't that a lot? I'd heard .5 pp for CP and .3 pp for MP-if I've been doing it wrong... :(

I think you're thinking of percents. 3 & 5% is usually what a lot of suppliers recommend for MP & CP. 5% comes out to 0.8 oz.

But like I said, it matters what the supplier recommends due to the constituents of the fragrance oil.

I think you're thinking of percents. 3 & 5% is usually what a lot of suppliers recommend for MP & CP. 5% comes out to 0.8 oz.

But like I said, it matters what the supplier recommends due to the constituents of the fragrance oil.

Ahh, could be. Ah, well xD Thanks for the info!

It was cp, she told me 1 to 2 oz, I sent her 1 oz of concentrated oil for a 4 pound loaf and smelled nothing. This was for a order now I cant sell them and scared to.go back with her.for a mew batch because I fell even with 2 oz it would not have been enougjt oil and she as a advertised veteran soap maler should have known that.

1 oz for a 4 pound loaf of CP soap definitely wouldn't have been enough. I've gotten away with 1 oz for 2 lbs before for a lot of strong scents.

Can I ask where you got your fragrance oil? Did you show her the supplier recommendations for that fragrance oil?

Yeah, I normally use .7 to 1 ounce for 24 oz. of oils. That would have been far from enough.

Latest posts

Back