So cool!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scentapy

Reaction score
OK... so this may have been done many times before... but since I am new to CP process, it is new to me. I am used to doing HP where the design possiblilites are limited because of the clumpiness. So.... I am doing all kinds of experiments with CP.

I took a paper towel roll and placed it in the center of my pringle can and poured one color and then poured the other color around it. The scent is Ugly Fruit w/ Yogurt. Can't wait to try this with more contrasting colors. Also can't wait to cut the rest (I cheated....this one has only been done for about 4 hours but I HAD to unwrap and cut a slice :)

Here is another soap I did this weekend. This one if my first with a mold liner...............thanks to members of this forum that pointed me to an awesome Youtube video of how to line your mold. This is Lemon scent with fresh ground Kona coffee.

I did two others; one is still in the freezer (Hippie Head Shop) and the other is insulated: Coconut Lime Verbena w/ Coconut Milk

Now that is cool, I had occasionally wondered if what you did would work but never got around to trying it, looks cool, looks like the sun with another planet in front of it.

I can almost smell your second soap through the screen, bet it smells good too.

kharmon320 said:
That's very creative. I like the look. Do you line the pringle's can?

No...I don't line the pringles can.
I actually didn't expect the middle color to stay so round. I thought when I pulled the paper towel roll out that the color would somewhat mix w/ the rest so I was pleasantly suprised!

Great soap, they both look good, the round one came out really well. :)

Very creative with the Pringles can. I wish I could smell it. It looks delightful and the FO sounds like it would smell awesome.

I am very impressed with the pringles can and paper towel roll! I have only used loofah in a pringles can. It was impossible to cut, lol, I needed a small saw.

What did you pour your soap at? Thin, med, thick trace? I am really intrigued by this. I am just starting with trying inbeds in my CP! Yours looks amazing, as does your other soap. :)

Your soaps look amazing!

I also love the pringles and paper towel soap ... fabulous! Any more hints to help us try it?

Soapy Gurl said:
I am very impressed with the pringles can and paper towel roll! I have only used loofah in a pringles can. It was impossible to cut, lol, I needed a small saw.

What did you pour your soap at? Thin, med, thick trace? I am really intrigued by this. I am just starting with trying inbeds in my CP! Yours looks amazing, as does your other soap. :)

It was at about medium....teetering thick trace.

I haven't done loofah in CP or HP soap (I used to do it when I did MP) yet but I bet it sure IS a nightmare to cut.

Dragonkaz said:
Your soaps look amazing!

I also love the pringles and paper towel soap ... fabulous! Any more hints to help us try it?

Thank you!!

Just put the paper towel roll in the pringle can. I poured down the center of the paper towel roll first. If you pour at a thinner trace, you might leave the papertowel roll there until it starts to thicken up a bit. I just pulled mine out right away but I was at a somewhat think trace when I was done pouring.

Pringles can was a great idea! I read somewhere to use the bottom of old soda bottles or water bottles to make flower soaps.

They look great! I tried the paper roll in a pringles can once, but the soap thickened too quickly and I ended up with a mess! Glad yours turned out so well.

Back