Nailed it!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, those who know me know that this Midwestern Scandahoovian doesn't like to brag. And, that I can't make a nice top to save my life. But, not gonna lie, I'm pretty chuffed with my latest batch! Mrs. Zing requested an in-the-pot swirl, lavender scented so she got what she wanted. Normally, I cover the mold with plastic wrap and towels. But this time, I tried something new and after pouring, I put an upside down cardboard box over my mold, and then piled on the towels. Many thanks to those of you who provided me with the reassurance I requested. Colors were chosen to match our bath.
20240116_191932.jpg
20240116_192515.jpg
20240116_192816.jpg

Love this, it’s gorgeous Zing. And I love that we have adopted the word “chuffed” (I never heard it before @KiwiMoose said it). In New England one might say “pretty psyched” 😄
Funny - I had to go back and read @Zing 's post. I hadn't noticed that he'd said chuffed ( because it's so normal to me).

Such a pretty top swirl! And the ITP, I can just imagine the pretty lavender smell. What lavender EO do you use, @Zing? I find it really hard to get them to stick in CP.
40/42 from Bramble Berry. It lasts a long time for me. Also, for my last 2 batches, I'm trying @QuasiQuadrant 's technique of mixing essential oils with castor oil and additives ahead of time.

40/42 from Bramble Berry. It lasts a long time for me. Also, for my last 2 batches, I'm trying @QuasiQuadrant 's technique of mixing essential oils with castor oil and additives ahead of time.
Yes, I agree the technique gives the scent staying power. My ugly bars that didn't turn out as planned (looks-wise) smell divine because of the lavender slurry I used with the purple clay 🥰 I'm going to try a bar soon to see how it feels ~ it should be a rich one since it had lots of butters in it 😊

Attachments

• IMG_20240118_094901327.jpg
    IMG_20240118_094901327.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back