SMF Soap Making Challenge: September Discoloring FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sonya, it blew me away. I toss my hands in the air cuz nothing I made is even close to pretty, let alone looks like the other entries LOL.

===tossing my hands in the air in frustration===

Attempt number three has darkened up so deep as to be so much mud.

I'm a stubborn woman and I may just make a fourth attempt tonight. I'm determined to produce something decent dammit LOL

Thanks ladies! It's a technique I've done before so I was pretty sure it would have a good result with the DFO's. I have a feeling the dark brown will migrate after some time.

===tossing my hands in the air in frustration===

Attempt number three has darkened up so deep as to be so much mud.

I'm a stubborn woman and I may just make a fourth attempt tonight. I'm determined to produce something decent dammit LOL

Do one more Gigi!! 4th time is a charm!☺️

Do one more Gigi!! 4th time is a charm!☺️

LOL TVivian I am planning it as we speak hahahaha you enabler you hahahaha

I actually like the way the last batch worked as far as thin pour and ability to work with it. And I think had the batch not gelled, the pink and the blue might have worked out quite nicely, but they came out uber dark because of gel. So I'm thinking I might duplicate it but go way way way lighter on the colors and see if it gives it the vibrancy without going mega dark. Hmmmm.... or maybe a different plan..... hmmm......

Argh! My challenge soap is mocking me. I decided to go FO instead of EO and the stupid FO overheated on me. Now I've got a big butt crack down the middle of my loaf that I tried to smoosh back together but it's just not happening. Pretty sure I got full gel but of course I forgot the sodium lactate so fingers crossed I will be able to unmold tomorrow. Not sure my color scheme is gonna turn out either . . . I was going for Harley Davidson colors but it kinda looks like pumpkin barf at the moment.

Alrighty,I did attempt number four. I used less indigo in the hopes it will gel to a lighter shade than the last batch did. I almost SB too much yet again UGH! But I think this one will be pretty. We will see tomorrow. Got my fingers and toes crossed LOL

ETA I also didn't realize that lime basil would accelerate trace on me. Lately I feel like the soapy gremlins are on a mission to mess with me geez hahaha

Oh boy oh boy oh boy.... I made the fourth attempt last night and cut it before heading to work.... I'm excited because I think I *finally* have a nice one! Can't wait to see the DFO morph when I get home tonight :)

I'm hoping mine discolors more in the next 24 hrs . . . right now it's still looking like pumpkin barf. And my extra surprise looks like it didn't work out because I went too light on the colorant, bummer :(

I also have to razz TVivian about busting out another superb pasito-style soap for the challenge. It's like the caffeinated version of her awesome showcase swap soap so extra bonus points from me!

LOL doriette she puts my puny efforts to shame for sure

Noooo! Nope! I reject this haha! Everyone's soaps are gorgeous. I'm always so impressed with what everyone does! I think I just really love soap and I get WAYYYYYY too into it!

I probably won't participate in December because I'll be moving out of my house in November and living with my in-laws until January when my new house is ready! No soaping for an entire month. I don't know what I'll do with myself!

I probably won't participate in December because I'll be moving out of my house in November and living with my in-laws until January when my new house is ready! No soaping for an entire month. I don't know what I'll do with myself!

I know that feeling - our new house is going to be ready 13th Nov so other than the October SMF video tutorial I won't be soaping until after the move!!

Ps mine hasn't discoloured at all!!

Latest posts

Back