SMF February 2021 Challenge - Circling Taiwan Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see this has been answered, but you only need to post a picture of two bars. Your entry is stunning!

Thank you so much!! I am glad I joined the challenge.

I couldn’t leave well enough alone and pulled my skewer through the red after making all of the usual swirls. But it took me at least 20 minutes of debating with myself to actually do it. It was actually very amusing because I’d walk over to it, look at it, talk myself out of it, walk away, walk back, look at it... 😂

I figured if it looked awful I’d have had enough time to make another attempt.

I haven't cut my bars yet as they are still a little soft, but I already know, especially after looking at the entries, that I am going to make at least one more attempt as I won't be happy with this one. It is going to be especially hard to pick winners this time! Beautiful work so far, everyone.

Yikes, there are so many awesome entries -- I probably should not have looked at them before posting mine!

I still haven’t decided which try I want to enter so I’ve been avoiding the entry thread. And since reading this I will just wait until I’m ready to post my entry! Lol! I had fun, that’s all that matters! 😳😝😍

Yes, of course. I’m sorry I didn’t make that clear. Let me know which photo you want to appear in the voting survey.
Thank you. On second thought, I’ll just leave it in the entry thread as is. Is it ok to post additional photos in this thread, though?

Apologies for asking so many questions. It’s my first time (aka. I’m still kinda new here) and I want to make sure I participate correctly and within the rules. ❤️

I still haven’t decided which try I want to enter so I’ve been avoiding the entry thread. And since reading this I will just wait until I’m ready to post my entry! Lol! I had fun, that’s all that matters! 😳😝😍
I hear you on this! That’s why I posted as soon as I could because I know me and I would have lost my nerve after seeing everyone’s entries.

The good news is still have plenty of time to make another attempt. Maybe even two!

This was my first attempt. Pretty but muted and I wanted something brighter and swirlier. I wish I had not run out of purple mica! This was safflower, alkanet and spirulina. Scented with Nag Champa FO and orange essential oil.

Attachments

• 771B5E86-6062-462F-94EC-E30BCA8A5BB8.jpeg
    771B5E86-6062-462F-94EC-E30BCA8A5BB8.jpeg
    277.2 KB · Views: 13
  • E015570B-C1EF-4AF0-A20E-B132CDC4FDD6.jpeg
    E015570B-C1EF-4AF0-A20E-B132CDC4FDD6.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 29F92F08-78D7-477F-8D5B-031767B77B73.jpeg
    29F92F08-78D7-477F-8D5B-031767B77B73.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 18
Thank you. On second thought, I’ll just leave it in the entry thread as is. Is it ok to post additional photos in this thread, though?

Apologies for asking so many questions. It’s my first time (aka. I’m still kinda new here) and I want to make sure I participate correctly and within the rules. ❤
Yes, it's fine to post additional photos here. No such thing as too many questions, so don't hesitate to ask when you have one.

As much as I love my NS cutter, the fact that I can’t remove the bolt to make a longer cut is a bummer! Luckily I had my old acrylic one left that did the trick, but I got a couple screw marks.

Attachments

• 2D60CF93-446F-4FA2-BB0F-FEB154728BAD.jpeg
    2D60CF93-446F-4FA2-BB0F-FEB154728BAD.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 0D5F9EE0-710E-466D-8FE8-4A2DAF681443.jpeg
    0D5F9EE0-710E-466D-8FE8-4A2DAF681443.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 14
I made three of these. I love this technique, so thank you for this challenge @dibbles !!

I was all set to use one of the first two that I made, but then I made another last night, so I am now torn between THOSE two, LOL. But here is one that I am definitely not using. It was my first one.
View attachment 54176
It’s absolutely lovely!!! I love the look of pink and green together. Well done. 😍

Last edited:
Back